Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Bagginsies

What is it? Starlink?

Woke up early and looked out to see some clear skies! Went out for another try to catch a meteor. Didn't catch any meteors (saw 2), but I did catch this...…...2 images taken one after the other at 0510hrs looking South West from near Andover, Hampshire, both images are single 13 second exposures @ 28mm F4 ISO 3200. I haven't got a clue what the lines are in image 2? Not meteors (not that many at once I wouldn't think and they only showed in this image all night!). Could it be Starlink? Could it be an old Cosmos engine broken up? Hoping someone on here with experience might have an idea?

20191223 0510hrs SW WTF1.jpg

20191223 0510hrs SW WTF2.jpg

The more I have looked at this the more I am thinking I have knocked the tripod and camera and not noticed. If you look at the lines, although they do not meet the stars fully, they do lead down to a corresponding star further down in the image.

That's my excitement dashed for the night 🤣 Was still nice to have a clear sky for once!