Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Uranus and Moons

yuklop

Hi Folks,

I had a go at imaging Uranus and its moons a few weeks back. I just got round to processing the data. Came out ok, if lacking any real detail in the planet. My puzzle is, when I came to figure out which moon is which with Stellarium, I found 4 of the moons match what I recorded, but one does not. I can easily imagine Miranda being lost in the planets glare, but then what is the bright dot directly above the planet. I can't see any stars in the area and I checked the magnitude isn't limited on the planetarium app.

The video was shot on 09/12/19 at around 21:00. Kit was: LX200 classic, 2x focal extender, ASI224MC.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dan

Uranus_205730_merged.png

Stellarium.PNG

• Like 17

Hmm, thanks for the reply. I think it is actually a star Gaia DR2 ... a magnitude 13 star thats crept into shot masquerading as one of Uranus moons. Damn. Still means I didn't capture all 5 of the possible moons. I will try again next time. :)

Capture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...