sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

COMPLETED - Astronomik 12NM EOS clip DSO Filter set

Hello all,

Well with much deliberation and stalling whether to switch from DSLR to dedicated astro camera, I have today took the plunge and purchased a ZWO 1600 MM Pro bundle with wheel & filters pictures included.  This means now with going to a dedicated guide setup I have the following for sale.

Everything is in excellent condition.

Celestron Off axis guider £100 ono.  SOLD

12NM Astronomik EOS clip filter set Ha, OIII, SII £300 for set. 

Collection or shipping costs dependant on requirements of purchaser.

Not keen to split filter set at this point.  PM for details.

Space Bat 

IMG_20191221_132411.jpg

IMG_20191221_132259.jpg

IMG_20191221_135601.jpg

Edited by Space Bat
Update as OAG sold

Hi Merlin 

I purchased Starsense and now have a redundant Finder did some research and found I can convert the finder to a guidescope.  I bought the adapter which should come Monday, It states will work with my Orion guider or DMK.

Well answed tooth_dr thanks.

Note:  Well after comments took another  look at the OAG and with me aiming for as close to 55mm BF using it with the Orion SS it was impossible in all combinations I tried.  I Heath Robinson the Finder with Duct Tape (🙄) removed the lock ring off the main object glass and bingo could focus with the main obj and got pinpoint stars.  It's not pretty that's for sure but PHD2 approved my Frankenstein efforts 😁 so this route I think will work for me in the long run.  Hopefully the finder adapter on order works as I think it will.

Space Bat

Thanks. I am in Solihull. I want an Ha filter asap but dont think I can justify the others whilst running a DSLR, and that's another £130 which will ultimately go towards a dedicated astro cam. Completely understand not wanting to split them up. Good luck with the sale. 

On 21/12/2019 at 15:52, Space Bat said:

Hi Merlin 

I purchased Starsense and now have a redundant Finder did some research and found I can convert the finder to a guidescope.  I bought the adapter which should come Monday, It states will work with my Orion guider or DMK.

Hi Space Bat,

I think you will struggle with a finder guider at the focal length of the C9.25. Believe me, i have one which works great on my EDF60 and ED80 scopes, but its as much use as a chocolate tea pot on my RC8. I had to purchase an OAG.  I maybe corrected, but i think the ball part for a guidescope focal length is greater than 50% of the main imaging scope. My skywatcher 9X50 Guidescope which  i converted to a guider, has a focal length of 180 mm and my RC8 has a native focal length of 1600 mm !!

John 

19 hours ago, johngm said:

Hi Space Bat,

I think you will struggle with a finder guider at the focal length of the C9.25. Believe me, i have one which works great on my EDF60 and ED80 scopes, but its as much use as a chocolate tea pot on my RC8. I had to purchase an OAG.  I maybe corrected, but i think the ball part for a guidescope focal length is greater than 50% of the main imaging scope. My skywatcher 9X50 Guidescope which  i converted to a guider, has a focal length of 180 mm and my RC8 has a native focal length of 1600 mm !!

John 

I have the celestron edge and with reducer has FL of approx 1500 and use a cheap 200mm finderscope to guide no problem.

I did look at OAG with the new setup and found difficulty with BF and it looked a cumbersome setup with an Orion Starshoot AG.  The choice was potentially get a new slimline AG or look at other options and read about Finder guider options.  I am from the get go getting good results albeit not as good as with OAG...however each time I calibrate modifying backlash on the scope and tweaking settings my traces are improving all the time...what I anm working at is pulse and angle..not easy with no clear nights to image.  However if there is an opportunity to just work on guide accuracy I have taken it....

Last settings were strange other night though...RA was like butter.. Dec was comparable...but every 20-30 secs a Dec spike would occur...🤔

On 12/01/2020 at 15:19, philhilo said:

Thanks. I am in Solihull. I want an Ha filter asap but dont think I can justify the others whilst running a DSLR, and that's another £130 which will ultimately go towards a dedicated astro cam. Completely understand not wanting to split them up. Good luck with the sale. 

Yeah sorry Phil breaking the set I think will be problematic.

• Like 1