Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heart and soul - work in progress

GiorgioF

And nothing...I suppose I fall in love with the 200mm focal length. This is tailor cut for the Heart and soul complex.

Frame is nicely filled and details start to come out.

It is just the first set of 4hours in Ha that will increase as soon as weather will cooperate.

For this project I change the single ring 80-200 with a more recent dual ring lens.

Seems some problem in the past shots (elongated stars) was due to some internal issue as in this image, the one with the stars, things are greatly improved. A small remain of tilt for which I must work around.

To be continued....HnS_200_a_starless-1024x1370.thumb.jpg.edbca6b299ff9e6bf89a0e76c800d4b2.jpg

HnS_200_a-1024x1370.jpg

• Like 6

21 hours ago, alan potts said:

Lovely work, from that angle the Soul looks like a Teddy Bear sideways on. I did the Soul last night but I have a spacing issue with the Borg scope that needs putting right.

Alan

The idea of a teddy bear is a new one but you are right! I'm also in with continuous fine tuning but sadly the weather.....

8 hours ago, lux eterna said:

Good results being only 4 hours ! Are you planning for Ha-RGB or maybe Ha-OIII ? What camera, exposures, mount and guiding do you use ?

Ragnar

Thanks Ragnar! The first idea is a bicolour Ha-OIII, but will see at the end about the RGB. This especially for the stars.

The acquisition data are my usual: asi1600mmc over a EQ5. All from a bortle 8 urban area. About guiding, I always use a 60/240 guidescope with a qhy5l and phd2.

With this setup and a baader 7nm Ha filter I can go with 600" light at gain 200 without big problem.