Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

kirkster501

Canopus - my old friend

In Lanzarote for a week. First day, We’ve been travelling and I’m knackered. So bit of an early one. Got the bins on the balcony with a San Miguel. Low down but there it is, sparkling a bit in the haze but good to see you again Canopus after all these years, last time I saw you was when I was in the Gulf 22 years ago now. We’re growing older together, you and I.

Also, Formhalhaut Quite high up instead of hugging the horizon. Orion rising to my East on his side instead of low down to the south east like in the UK. Sky seems weird without Ursa Major but not circumpolar here and is below the northern horizon.

wonderful. I’m so tired though after a busy week at work and up at 4.30 this morning to travel here that I’m retiring now for the night. There’s always tomorrow hopefully !

Edited by kirkster501
  • Like 3

Certainly more likely that it will yet again be clear than it would be from here!  Snow on the ground at present.    😀