SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Latest and greatest observatory set-up

OK - here we have my latest and greatest observatory set-up! 1f603.png?_nc_eui2=AeHVdFSr7sACdjNPzkqks😄

The red signature 'scope is a William Optics GTF81 that has spent the last 3 years in my garage doing nothing. Then last night I had an epiphany - why not add it to the Altair Wave Series 115 and put the TS-50 guide 'scope on top of it! That way I can utilise the GTF81 without having to dismantle and store the 115 - I just have to swap the camera and filter wheel over!

It has taken so long to think of this as the mount is now an SW EQ6-R Pro, up from an HEQ5 Pro Synscan, and until recently I have been using an SW ST80 for guiding which was way too bulky for this set-up. Hopefully the load will not be too much for the mount as vibration may be an issue - just have to see!

Don't you think the Altair Blue clamps and mounting plates are truly excellent - sadly now discontinued!

Astro Setup 2019-12-14.jpg

Edited by DKNicholson
  • Like 3