SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Karlsruhe, Germany

Gaudi

Hallo, Andreas, und willkommen hier! (from a SW-German stargazer and Dobsonaut (and ex-Gelbfüßler btw.))

Splendid equipment, btw. Where do you observe mainly? Pfälzer Wald? Schwarzwald?

Stephan

Edited by Nyctimene
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nyctimene said:

Hallo, Andreas, und willkommen hier! (from a SW-German stargazer and Dobsonaut (and ex-Gelbfüßler btw.))

Splendid equipment, btw. Where do you observe mainly? Pfälzer Wald? Schwarzwald?

Stephan

Hi Stephan. Thank you.

Mainly I observe nearby Karlsruhe. 20km to the soth I´ve found a nice place for observing. But I plan to do short trips to darker places next year, with my 16" Dobs.

How is it in the Odenwald? Any recommendations?

Regards

Andreas

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nyctimene said:

Stephan

ah.. nice equipment you´ve got, as well. Great. 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2019 at 23:47, Gaudi said:

How is it in the Odenwald? Any recommendations?

Regards

Hello, Andreas,

my location (Mossautal) is already blessed with 21+ MPSAS skies, so I can make use of all my scopes from home. But there are even darker skies towards the Hessen-Bavarian border (the former Limes line), especially the region Würzberg - Breitenbuch - Hesseneck-Hesselbach; reaching the Bortle 3 class; have a look:

https://www.lightpollutionmap.info/#zoom=11&lat=6377217&lon=1013840&layers=B0TFFFFFFFFFFFF

Years ago, I observed with the 18" from a location south of Breitenbuch - an elevated plain, meadows, free 360° panoramic view; lights only N (and switched off 23.00). Marvellous. At that time, I lived, worked and observed in Waldleiningen (Klinik Schloß Waldleiningen) just a few kms SSE; almost the same dark sky, but not that panoramic view.

Stephan

Edited by Nyctimene
  • Like 2

On 15/12/2019 at 11:16, Nyctimene said:

Hello, Andreas,

my location (Mossautal) is already blessed with 21+ MPSAS skies, so I can make use of all my scopes from home. But there are even darker skies towards the Hessen-Bavarian border (the former Limes line), especially the region Würzberg - Breitenbuch - Hesseneck-Hesselbach; reaching the Bortle 3 class; have a look:

https://www.lightpollutionmap.info/#zoom=11&lat=6377217&lon=1013840&layers=B0TFFFFFFFFFFFF

Years ago, I observed with the 18" from a location south of Breitenbach - an elevated plain, meadows, free 360° panoramic view; lights only N (and switched off 23.00). Marvellous. At that time, I lived, worked and observed in Waldleiningen (Klinik Schloß Waldleiningen) just a few kms SSE; almost the same dark sky, but not that panoramic view.

Stephan

Thank you, Stephan, for the tips. I appreciate that quite a lot. 

CS

Andreas

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...