Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using "Quantum Computing" approaches to deconvolution.

NickK

Deconvolution is an interesting problem - typically a PSF is created and used to deconvolute the large image.

I seems that this has moved on quite a bit over the last few years. Plenty if tensor or GPU versions but this one stands out:

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jcse/2008/530803/

The simulation and parameterisation that is used for simulated annealing - can also be run on a quantum annealer (given the embedding and the constraints of mapping the algorithm to the topology).

Essentially by using annealing to find the lowest energy point (ie the best deconvoluted image), the same could be run easily on both Digital Annealers (ie Fujutsu's Digital Annealer) and on the likes of D-Wave etc (see previous points on contraints). The result is a system that could estimate the PSF from an image to deconvolute it without needing to consume vast amounts of computational time.

Would love to hear from the academics :D

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Science562h said:

I wrote a thesis on the Quantum Corrections Theory in cosmology, not quantum computing ... but,  what are you trying to make, a gravitron detector or camera? 

Thinking if this could be used to clear up images statistically, although they're more use in that harder research! Although most QC commercial work is focused on the quantum inspired algorithms.

I spent the last 6 months founding, building and driving one the worlds largest bank's quantum computing forum (financial, data science and security).. I don't have post doc maths/statistics required - the forum had members with post docs in probability, statistics, spin, semi conductor quantum ducting, quantum and particle physics.

I worked on aircrafts, as a lead aviation electrician; wired, every engine. I don't program but I know, about gyrocopes & automatic flight control systems. Those are the components, that keep the SATs, space telescopes & crafts in flight. In electronics, that complicated, when actually figuring the math & circuit designs, it's best to work from both ends & always use bridge circuitry. I would have to be there & look, at the schematic for input. Try soldering an integrated component, at the macro level first, unless you design micro circuits. Best of 'luck.   

Edited by Science562h
Grammar