SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ET cluster

toxic

finally getting to grips with the Aplanatic Super Coma Corrector on the quattro 300s its not very forgiving just a couple of miner adjustments and it should be done.
 2 from last night  NGC457 ET CLUSTER RGB 15 second subs 15 of each colour and the same for the Perseus double cluster.

thanks for looking and all cc welcome

Perseus double cluster lrgb--jpeg-psp.jpg

NGC-457---ET-cluster-jpeg-psp.jpg

• Like 4

A 300 Quattro is some beast..   What mount do you have ??   I have a similar scope but dare not unleash it on my EQ6,  it just feels too big.   Maybe a future upgrade to an EQ8 might give it some sky-time.

I'm liking the shots.  15sec exposures ??   Is that just to get your eye-in, or it that optimum duration for the tracking you have ?   

Such a scope is going to hoover up all the available photons on this side of the galaxy. Looking forward to seeing some  more DSO's from this rig.

Sean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craney said:

A 300 Quattro is some beast..   What mount do you have ??   I have a similar scope but dare not unleash it on my EQ6,  it just feels too big.   Maybe a future upgrade to an EQ8 might give it some sky-time.

I'm liking the shots.  15sec exposures ??   Is that just to get your eye-in, or it that optimum duration for the tracking you have ?   

Such a scope is going to hoover up all the available photons on this side of the galaxy. Looking forward to seeing some  more DSO's from this rig.

Sean.

thanks Sean

the mount is the AZ EQ-gt its a great mount oh and my mistake is its not the 300 but the 250 i was going for the 300 but they dont have the baffle's but it is still a beast lol.

15 seconds is to keep the star bloating to a minimum but mainly it was to get the focusing and coma-corrector spacing fixed but still need to do a bit more tinkering as you will see in the corners of the double cluster.

Edited by toxic
  • Like 1