Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Mark at Beaufort

Venus and Saturn together in the SW.

About 4.45pm I looked out and could see Venus. I knew that Saturn was nearby so I quickly grabbed my Heritage 130P and using a 10mm EP + 1.6X barlow went searching.

Venus was a bit wobbly but I could make out its illumination phase. Slightly moving the scope I viewed Saturn (maybe the last time this session).

Okay not the best planetary session but its nice to get a scope out and undertake some observing.

• Like 5

Nice one Mark. I was travelling at the time but managed a glimpse of both Venus and Saturn through gaps in the cloud whilst heading west on the delightful M25.

It's always good to get a quick unplanned session if things have been a bit sparse.

Hi Mark,

I had a similar experience. around the same time and date as this. I was looking at Venus with my naked eye and decided to get the 200p out for a look.  While lining up Venus through the finder I located Saturn 1st by complete chance as it was only a tiny adjustment out from Venus.  it was by complete chance as I couldn't even see Saturn with the naked eye as still to bright.  Very nice little bonus to catch Saturn one more time.