Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Innovations- USB microscope camera/telescope?

I was wondering if anyone has tried using a USB microscope held up to a telescope eyepiece? Would it work on DSO? Still thinking of the Celestron.

@Alien 13 and @johninderby maybe you guys have some insight into this? I'm still pondering the gift for the 10 yr old grand daughter and thought it might be awesome if one of these devices could "image" real time, even if not perfect.

Any and all advice welcome, thanks, Gerry

Edited by jetstream

A microscope camera which replaces the eyepiece does work for live viewing  but using an HDMI connection to a TV or monitor so look for a camera with an HDMI output which keeps ir simple. Have heard of problems with connecting via USB. I used a C-mount to 1.25” adapter and a Baader Neodynium & IR cut filter.

Also think they may be more suited to lunar / planetary use. 

Have tried a regular reducer to give a wider fov but just hasn’t worked. I’m waiting for an adapter to allow use of the reducer that is intended for the microscope camera to fit to a telescope to arrive from China. 

66EB5423-ED93-49A3-9962-B01816B52DCD.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1