Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
TB00

Eqm35 synscan pro app not tracking

Hi A very newbie question here but for the life of me cannot figure it out.

Have an EQM35 goto mount linked through a skywatcher wifi dongle to a synscan pro app on my android galaxy s9 phone.

I van use the app but have a couple of things that are either greyed out or dont operate when pressed:

1. Point  and  track

2. Doesn't seem to track (tried the.moon) using lunar tracking but mount doesn't move

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tim

Edited by TB00

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By steppenwolf
      Vixen Polarie Star Tracker with Vixen Quick Polaris Locator Compass in mint condition - For Sale.
      This mint condition Polarie Star Tracker and Vixen Polaris Locator Compass have only been used during the course of a review that I carried out for Vixen UK and will be supplied in their original boxes with manuals.
      This tracker is the ultimate in portable camera tracking mounts being lightweight yet manufactured to Vixen’s usual exemplary high standard and the additional Vixen Polaris Locator Compass makes polar alignment for wide field imaging quick and simple.
      The new price for the two items would be £399.00
      For sale at £195.00 delivered. Payment by bank transfer - WILL NOT SELL OUTSIDE UK.
      Polarie Star Tracker

Vixen Quick Polaris Locator Compass

• By khulzad
      Hi all,
      First of all mine english is not so good so sorry for that.
      I am a new to astrophotography. And my setup is
      Mount          : Skywatcher EQM 35 PRO
      Tube             : Skywatcher Explorer 150PDS (newtonian)
      Camera         : Canon 550D
      Guide scope : Svbony 60mm compact guide scope
      Guide cam    : Svbony SV105
      I know my setup is weak and cheap but for now I have them (budged problem  )
      I started the hobby at May and I took some photos that not bad for beggining. I reached 60-90 seconds without guiding.

After that I thought that the time for starting improve the guiding and I bought guiding scope and cam. I know the cam is not for guiding but it was cheap, and I am planing to change it  with mono guide cam (like zwo asi120 mono) at next months.
      But my first experience for PHD2 was terrible.

I've detected some errors and tried to fix them.
      First thing there was a unbalancing. I mounted the guide scope on the position of finder scope which is very close to edge of the main scope.

So I fixed it (after the night I tried to guide with PHD2) and put it on the bracelet (over and middle of the main tube)
      And second thing was that there is a backlash and I tried to fix it too. I opened to gear of dec and adjusted to gear mesh.
      Except them the alignment was not so good because location was in the city (bortle scale 9) and I haven't got finder scope as you know. So I am not sure that if the stars (3 star alignment method) are correct because with nacked eye I could't see them. Next time I will do better alignment with finder for sure.
      After them I am planing to try next weekend again. But before that I need your advises to eliminate the problems which I couldn't detect or I don't how to fix them.
      For example I can not see any pulse for RA on the graph what does it mean and how can I fix it.
      And also I am not sure if there is any problem with ascom. There is no option in the drop list for EQM 35 PRO. So I choose ASCOM.SkyWatcher.Telescope and I downloaded/installed ascom driver from webpage of skywatcher.

Thank you
      PHD2_DebugLog_2020-09-21_100115.txt PHD2_GuideLog_2020-09-21_100115.txt
    • By lkimber
      I know it may be a bit of a long shot but I'm looking to buy a HEQ5 Pro mount or an NEQ6 Pro or something similar. Preferably belt driven but not necessary as can happily modify it. Please let me know if you have anything! Thanks.
    • By FranTeryda
      Hi! I'm Fran
      Not so long ago I took a picture of the ISS I never thought I was going to be able to get with the equipment I have. 
      After saving for a long time, I was able to buy my first scope, an OTA Skywatcher 200P. I adapted it to be used in a dobsonian base because it was the cheapest way I had to get it to work.
      One night, I thought it might be cool to try to aim and record with my phone an ISS pass overhead. During the first attempt, I messed up the focus extremely bad but you can't  imagine how happy I was to get a white blob in a frame that only I knew was the ISS. 
      The following afternoon I tried again. This time the flyby was almost exactly overhead and the night was crystal clear. So I manually tracked the station looking through the finder scope and recording it with my phone at 1080p 60fps. Without much expectations I downloaded the files into my computer to review them.  And was shocked with the results.
      The video was processed with PIPP, AutoStakkert and RegiStax. 

If someone told me the image was taken with a phone and manually tracked with a shitty dobsonian base I would not believe him! I got really lucky that night, but I can not be happier with the results. I believe I got to the edge of what I can accomplish with the equipment that I was able to buy. I'm not sure if ext step up should be a real camera or a mount. Anyway, any of them are too expensive 😬
      If you want to see the frames before processing (and some nice shots of the moon that night), I'll leave a link to the video where I show them:

Thank you so much for reading it all.
      Cheers,
      Fran
    • By StarGazingSiouxsie
      Hi  
      Tonight I was looking at Jupiter and got some nice views with a range of eyepeices. The best image detail wise and for clarity of image was a 15mm, which on my 8" Evolution gives me appx 135X 
      I tried using my Televue 2X Barlow which normally works fine. I can't remember exactly which eyepiece this happened with, maybe the 15mm or a 9mm, but when I used the barlow the planetary image would soon disappear out of the eyepiece. The mount seemed to otherwise be tracking OK although notice the planets seem to move out of the eyepiece view after a while. So did I have too much magnification with the Barlow? I think I did manage to get focus, the image just wouldn't stay put.
      Thanks for any insights or advice 

Siouxsie 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.