Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2 Messiers and a parcel of VdBs

petevasey

Some of my images of Messier objects go right back to when I started imaging.  M38 is one of them (2001) followed a couple of years later by M103.  Long overdue for a revisit, so when we had a few clear nights a week ago, I got cracking.  M103 (in Cassiopeia) first on 29th November. 10 Luminance subs and 5 each RGB, all 5 minutes unbinned with the QSI683 with the RC10 and SX AO.  M38 (in Auriga) on 1st. December, QSI683 on Meade 127 refractor with TSFLAT2 flattener and SX AO. Luminance 14 x 5 minutes, RGB each 6 x 5 mins, all unbinned.  In between, and the same night as M103, I also visited an interesting area in Monoceros South West of Orion containing several bright nebulae.  Identified in this image.  QSI683 on Meade 127 with TS FLAT2 and SX AO. Luminance 12 x 10 minutes, RGB each 7 x 10 minutes, all unbinned With it being so low from my location, time was limited - I hope to get more data over the Winter.  All the images are on my web site with larger versions.

Cheers,

Peter.

M103.jpg

M38.jpg

VdB72names.jpg

Edited by petevasey
  • Like 11