SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star Trails Re-Edit

OXO

Hi Martin,

Used multiple exposures because of the Light Pollution burns out the images otherwise around this lightbulb town hehe, also why i used iso 400 if it was a dark site i would use iso 800 at least and just leave it going for an hour or two :lol:

Thanks

James

Ant,

Iso 400 and 4x 4mins exposures(Shoot in burst mode so you don't miss too much when taking the pic or else you will get gaps in the trails) :lol:

James :)

Nice that's a good idea!

We have a clear night forcast for tonight, AND I remembered the camera and static tripod... So I may have a go with that tonight.

Thanks for the info. Did you stack it in Images plus? using Polaris as the alignment point?

Cheers

Ant

Yes Ant i stacked em using Polaris as the fixed Star :sunny: :lol:

Stacked in Registax..

Best of luck with that Mate it's forecast clear nearlly everywere tonight although looking outside here looks like someones painted clouds in the sky..

James :)

Did you have to resize the images to get them to stack in Registax?

Also how the hell do you turn on Burst mode?

and finally I'm wondering what difference it would make if you stacked the images in PS - I beleive that you can stack images in PS without selecting an alignment point! The reason that I say that is that Polaris is what half a degree from the pole and would move (ok not a lot) in 16 minutes... So ny stackin gon polaris may affect the trails...

But all the same a stunning image mate - star trails around the pole is one image that I've always wanted to do.

So the plan for tonight is, set up static tripod with camera - frame the shot than sit back with the remote control and a pint from the pub and spend as much time out as I can till either the pint runs out or I get bored. :)

Maybe I need to phone the pub from the pub car park and order the pints in :lol:

Ant

Burst mode (contiuos shooting) looks like three sheets stacked at an angle on your cameras Lcd screen(Above the Monitor one). Just press the timer button until it shows matey :).

You would deff be better off stacking in PS if you know how to Ant(Layered images, change the opocity with each layer, align) as i could see slight trail's from Polaris after what 20mins worth of images but saying that one you resize the image you can't really see it so much..

Best advise get a beer Keg strap it to your back with a long straw coming off it and a portable microwave for ya curry afterwards :lol:

Archived