Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aristoteles and Eudoxus

Lurcher

Finally, we're getting some decent clear evenings! I got out in my back garden on Tuesday wanting to do a sketch of a crater somewhere again. I noticed Aristiteles and Eudoxus straight away. There's so much detail to see on the rims, but sadly the clouds started to build as I was just beginning to get stuck in so I need to try this again another night. The clouds did clear but by this time the moon had disappeared below the roof of a house.

However that then gave me time to also check out some easy doubles. (I really liked seeing a nice double double in Taurus - SAO 75970. And after a few other doubles I decided to just slew the telescope down through Orion to check out the nebula one more time and came across a lovely grouping of stars just below Alnitak which I now know are called Sigma Orionis and Struve 761. Really pleased to see them . My sketch (bottom sketch on 3rd attachment), doesn't do them justice, the main star is a beautiful golden colour.

Cheers all. More clear skies!

ScanItem.jpg

ScanItem-001.jpg

ScanItem-001.bmp.jpg

• Like 5

Great sketch. Your style always captures the nature of the crater(s). I must have another go at your style because my technique is not always the most appropriate one - it tends not to express the ruggedness of the lunar surface.

Glad to see you're exploring the vast array of doubles - you will get hooked.

Have fun

Mike

15 hours ago, Mike JW said:

Great sketch. Your style always captures the nature of the crater(s). I must have another go at your style because my technique is not always the most appropriate one - it tends not to express the ruggedness of the lunar surface.

Glad to see you're exploring the vast array of doubles - you will get hooked.

Have fun

Mike

Thanks Mike. There's nothing wrong with your techniques at all. Far more refined than my scribbles.

Due to the weather or one-thing-and-another, I haven't had chance to get stuck into double stars in anyway as much as I hoped, but I'm determined to rectify that soon if we can have a few more clear nights!

Thanks for your comment Mike.

Great Lunar sketch again Martin. That style is really quite eye-catching - it has a sort of comic book vibe to it (and I do mean that as a compliment 🙂)

And as discussed before, a nice way to document doubles...

Mark

• Thanks 1