SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC434 to M42 - Calibrated subs

fwm891

Thoroughly enjoyed this imaging session gathering the light frames. Now came the task of gathering the calibration subs. I pulled together: darks, flats and flat/darks, no bias frames.

These were all put through APP and some 3 hrs later out came a joined up mosaic. I used APP to remove light pollution and calibrate the background. Further processing has been done in PS-CS3. This mainly entailed saturation with Hue/saturation selecting different colours and either increasing or decreasing their levels.

I'm sure I could keep playing with the image and make use of masks to control M42's core more. What I will probably do though is take a set of shorter exposures and blend them in.

Probably the final on this one. Hope you like.

IC434-2-M42.png

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Skyline said:

Very nice Francis, I take it was done with your ASi294MC Pro ?

@Skyline Yes shot with the ASI 294. Earlier problems I had with amp glow have gone since using flat darks, flats and dark frames for calibration and dropping bias frames. Also I now do early processing using APP then move to either PI or PS. I can't get the hang of colour in APP (yet).

@carole & @JamesF Thanks for the comments