SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 1499 - California nebula

Ceph

Caught this a couple of nights ago, there is not much Oiii to speak of here, at least I could not find it, so I tried another mix
Astro-Tech AT-65Q 420mm, ASI 1600 Pro cool, HA 27x360, Oiii 31x360, Sii 26x360, No Darks, Flats, Bias used.

NGC1499.thumb.jpg.83a79c72a85ed2ac4e2031a2e534dbb3.jpg

Edited by Ceph
Missinf info
  • Like 11

20 hours ago, MartinB said:

Gorgeous detail coming from the Ha.  The pastel beige works fine for me but I guess you are looking for stronger colour definition.

Yes I was, but as that did not work out for me I started mixing and found that I actually liked this beige colour.
I got one too red version left to play with but at this stage it looks like it has lost a lot of details that is in the beige version, time will tell.

Thanks Martin

20 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Nice image, just capturing some S11 on it as we speak, not much of that either but it all helps :grin:

Dave

Thanks Davey
It was harder than I thought, but it should not be too easy either. Maybe I will get some RGB later on.
Looking forward to see your version.

• Like 1