Jump to content

740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Closer to the Heart - 1st attempt with Ha.


sheeprug
 Share

Recommended Posts

I slashed out on an ASI1600 plus Baader LRGB and 3.5nm Ha filters back in September and finally got a chance to use the Ha this week. Obviously I'm feeling my way into this and I can't fit in the whole Heart nebula with my 770mm FL, but pleased with the result never the less.    

WO FLT110,  HEQ5, ASI1600, Ha filter.     10x 300s and 3x 600s exposures.

As usual any feedback welcomed, but in particular any pointers to the bst ways of combining LRGB+Ha would be really useful.

Best, SR.

Closer to the heart - Ha only.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/12/2019 at 09:14, sheeprug said:

I slashed out on an ASI1600 plus Baader LRGB and 3.5nm Ha filters back in September and finally got a chance to use the Ha this week. Obviously I'm feeling my way into this and I can't fit in the whole Heart nebula with my 770mm FL, but pleased with the result never the less.    

WO FLT110,  HEQ5, ASI1600, Ha filter.     10x 300s and 3x 600s exposures.

As usual any feedback welcomed, but in particular any pointers to the bst ways of combining LRGB+Ha would be really useful.

Best, SR.

Closer to the heart - Ha only.jpg

The main thing I take from this is that it is possible to guide a WO FLT110 on a HEQ5 pro. Just need more integration now, but a great start. 

Adam

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Adam J said:

The main thing I take from this is that it is possible to guide a WO FLT110 on a HEQ5 pro. Just need more integration now, but a great start. 

Adam

Thanks.   I've been considering uprating to an EQ6 for a while now.  Once you add in the guide scope it is a tad over the HEQ5s recommended AP weight, but provided it's well ballanced it seems to cope fine.   At the moment my guiding could be a little better - I'm getting about 0.8" RMS - so that's another thing to address and could be related to the weight.

Anybody got a good deal going on a good EQ6?    Get in touch......

Best, SR.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sheeprug said:

Thanks.   I've been considering uprating to an EQ6 for a while now.  Once you add in the guide scope it is a tad over the HEQ5s recommended AP weight, but provided it's well ballanced it seems to cope fine.   At the moment my guiding could be a little better - I'm getting about 0.8" RMS - so that's another thing to address and could be related to the weight.

Anybody got a good deal going on a good EQ6?    Get in touch......

Best, SR.

 

You are unlikely to get much better than 0.8" RMS with a basic EQ6 its mostly about the build quality of the gearing etc and less about the load bearing capacity. If it was me and I wanted a more accurate mount I would be looking at something like an more modern AZ-EQ6 GT or a CEM60. 

Adam 

Edited by Adam J
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.