sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

COMPLETED - SW Equinox ED80 Refractor - SOLD

Have decided to sell my trusty Equinox ED80 refractor.  Sharp optics, smooth two-speed Crayford rotatable focuser, fitted with a finder shoe, and complete with the original Skywatcher case and tripod-threaded mounting bracket.  A 3D-printed Bahtinov mask is included, along with a pair of mounting rings and a Losmandy dovetail plate.

Collection preferred (Sussex coast, not far from Brighton), payment by bank transfer or cash on collection.

Looking for £325.00 

IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

Edited by Chinapig
Telescope now sold!
  • Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Soulitude
      Hi everyone I am new here, I live in Perth Western Australia (bottle class 5) and have just brought my new set up. There hasn’t been anyone in the area I can talk to about astrophotography so tried to do it all myself online and I fear I may have incorrectly purchased some things. (I tried to get things one at a time for budget purposes)
      I have this set up
      heq5, evostar ed80, .85reducer & corrector, evoguide 50ed, zwo 120mm mini for guiding and just my canon 200d mkii for the imaging. 
      The telescope, I think I may have brought something that’s not great for imaging and that’s all I’ve wanted to do. 
      can you please provide a better telescope alternative that would be suitable for all my other gear without having to buy like a new mount etc. I’m thinking just a slightly better scope not too heavy, opinions would be much appreciated 💖💖💖 xx
    • By Kitsunegari
      I reside in the central great plains of the United States, and recently our west coast has been set on fire by rioters and arsonists due to civil unrest.

The smoke from these residential homes and forests burning, is delivered high into the atmosphere where it hit the jetstream and has traveled well over 1000 miles to blanket my sky.

While i can still take some images, it has greatly reduced my session quality at 393nm.      Naturally the smoke properties absorbes or reflects much of this wavelength.      The sun is very white in the sky in fact, white as a cotton ball in some areas.

However,  i am vigilant in my attempt to capture something out of the new active region.      Please be patient while this data is processed.  

First we have a look here at the paris meudon bass2000 spectroheliograph , which records its daily calcium k3 core full disc.    I have added an arrow to the tiny area that my scope is focused on at about 2400mm..

Full image disc citing goes to paris meudon observatory, with corresponding link to the wonderful and most vital French institution. http://bass2000.obspm.fr/home.php

Next from my telescope, operting with an explore scientific Firstlight 127mm x 1200mm achromat.  In the focuser is a Skybender tilt module with some calcium filters supplied by Apollo Lasky.   I am using a Meade 2x telenegative barlow in the eyepiece of the skybender, and a basler aca1920-155um cmos camera for recording.

Look at those calcium ribbon's!  This is a rare capture, seldom seen since cycle 24, a decade ago.

• By R26 oldtimer
      Well, not all just the sw ed80 and ed120.
      I have acquired a taste lately for flat fields and round stars edge to edge. I've never bothered with ff/fr so far, I'd rather spend the money on an extra scope, but I feel I can justify one. But which one, as I would like to improve both my scopes. So it boils down to this: has anyone used either the dedicated sw ff/fr for the ed80 with the Ed120 or the ff/FR for the Ed120 with the  ed80 and got good results? And when I say good, I don't mean great (as with the dedicated one), just better than using the scope with out one.
      If so, which ff/FR did you use to match one scope and slightly improve the other, the ff/fr for the ed80 or the ed120? Perhaps a third party one? (but not too expensive, because it would beat the purpose of buying both the dedicated ones). Something like that: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/stellamira-telescopes/stellamira-2-0-8x-reducer-field-flattener-with-m48-adapter.html ??
      P. S. I am using a Canon 600d dslr
    • By tooth_dr
      I scrapped all the Oiii and Sii data I previously took during a full moon (about 15 hours worth) and retook it all when the moon was a bit smaller at 76%.  Ha was taken during 98% and 67% moon.  All the lights were taken on the following nights: 12th, 19th and 20th September 2019.
      Integration times, all in 600s subs unbinned:
      Ha = 28.33 hours
      Oiii= = 5.67 hours
      Sii = 5.67 hours

The Ha data is really nice, and unsurprisingly the Oiii and Sii is not as strong (or nice).
      I'm missing that (vital) step in my processing routine of getting the Sii and Oiii properly stretched to match the Ha, before combining.  I dont really know how to deal with the weaker data properly.  Any pointers would be appreciated.
      What I do currently:
      All the data is loaded into APP into separate channels/sessions.
      The data is stacked and registered against the best Ha sub
      This produces individual stacks of Ha, Sii and Oiii that are all registered
      Each channel is processed with DPP in APP and then saved as a 16bit TIFF
      Each is opened in PS
      Stars removed with AA and any remnants removed and tidied up
      I then open a blank RGB document in PS
      I paste Ha into Green, Sii into Red and Oiii into Blue
      Adjust the selective colour settings to get 'Hubble palette'
      Adjust levels, curves, saturation until looks ok
      All the Ha Sii Oiii data is then combined together in a single 'super' stack in APP using quality weighted algorithm to create a 'luminance'
      That luminance layer is adjusted using levels, curves, and NC tools such as local contrast enhancement and deep space noise reduction (using masks to apply as required)
      The luminance is pasted onto the above colour layer, and incrementally added using gaussian blur
      Cropped and saved.

Here it is anyway   I haven't intended on any more exposure time for this one, but will consider it, if the expert opinion dictates otherwise!

CS
      Adam

• By Stardweller
      Hello,
      I own a Vixen ED-80 refractor which is used with a custom focuser by Telescope Service.
      (pictured below)
      A Celestron f/6 SCT reducer corrector did not provide decent images either because it is not appropriate or because I did not maintain the correct distance. 
      I am thinking of buying the Sky-Watcher .85x Reducer/Flattener instead, as it is made for similar ED80 telescopes. 
      I do not know what is the correct distance of the SkyWatcher reducer for my setup and more important, I do not know if it will focus with the custom TS focuser.
      Do you have any similar setup that you have used successfully?
      Clear Skies!
      Paul

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.