Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble Nebula

kirkster501

The detail on the Bubble is exquisite, a superb image.  I'm interested that you opted for relatively short 10 minute exposures with your Astrodon 3nm Ha filter, it must give a very low background signal, did you manage to get over the read noise?

7 minutes ago, MartinB said:

The detail on the Bubble is exquisite, a superb image.  I'm interested that you opted for relatively short 10 minute exposures with your Astrodon 3nm Ha filter, it must give a very low background signal, did you manage to get over the read noise?

Thanks.  Yes it was fine.

I do indeed shoot 15 minute subs with the Ha sometimes, depending on air traffic..  I am under a flight path heading to East Midlands airport with the airliners at 3000-4000 feet and I can waste quite a lot of them because such low aircraft cannot be removed in stacking. So I sometimes go to 20 minutes on a good night when air traffic is landing at the airport in the other direction.

10 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Thanks.  Yes it was fine.

I do indeed shoot 15 minute subs with the Ha sometimes, depending on air traffic..  I am under a flight path heading to East Midlands airport with the airliners at 3000-4000 feet and I can waste quite a lot of them because such low aircraft cannot be removed in stacking. So I sometimes go to 20 minutes on a good night when air traffic is landing at the airport in the other direction.

Ah that makes sense, and you must have quite a lot of LP as well