SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NEQ6 or EQ6 whats the difference?

Astroblagger

What are the major differences between them, im toying with the idea of upgrading from my trusty old HEQ5 cant praise this mount enough its never missed a beat! but my imaging rig is getting heavier now my HEQ5 just manages my RC 6" and camera  which of the mounts is better for imaging?

I think the big diffrence is that the EQ6 Pro is belt driven, meaning its quieter and less backlash.

EDIT: taken from the eq6 pro FLO page:

EQ6-R PRO vs NEQ6 PRO: 

The EQ6-R has a higher payload, is belt driven (reduces backlash and improves guiding) has a redesigned body with a carry handle (easier to transport and setup) and improved latitude adjustment (more sturdy and effective over a wider range of latitudes).  It uses an RJ45 plug for the handset connection (better than the DSUB used by the EQ6, especially in the dark!) and a screw-on power connector (more secure and reliable than the NEQ6 PRO's push-fit power connector). It also features a USB port has a new 'SNAP' camera control port so you can fire a DSLR camera automatically from the mount. 

Edited by scitmon