Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

philhilo

Wanted - 1.6 inch flattener for a WO Zenithstar SD 66

Long shot, but does anyone have the or any field flattener for the WO Zenithstar SD 66. It takes 1.25 or 1.6 inch accessories, and it doesn't seem like they make that size any more? 

If I remember the ZS66 had an SCT Thread, Check your scope, see if you can unscrew the Eyepiece holder.

I'll see if I can dig the manual out.

Steve

The ZS66 does indeed have a SCT thread if you unscrew the eyepiece holder.

I was using a 2" SCT fit diagonal without any problems before I fitted my Moonlite.

Ade

The reducer in the manual is the 0.8 reducer flattener v II.  You can unscrew the 2" nosepiece on it to reveal an SCT thread, It'll then screw straight onto your scope.

I have the later P-Flat-3A which I assume is just a tweeked up version.

Good Luck

Steve

OK so I have unscrewed everything I can, the 1.25 eyepiece holder and retaining ring, and there we are down to the focuser tube itself with a thread on the end.....nothing else doing there? Or should the nose of the flattener come off and the rest screw on to the focuser thread? I can see where it might, but its mighty shiny and not unscrewing by hand.

6 minutes ago, philhilo said:

Can you post an image? 

You should need a 2 inch flattener. 

I've posted in your original thread

Thanks Geordie, pics now up in original thread (didn't mean for it to get quite this complicated!)

A bare thread at the end of the tube is correct, That thread is a standard SCT thread, the correct William Optic flatteners for this are the ones I mentioned earlier, They screw directly onto the end of the tube. They do not push in

Steve

1 minute ago, bilbo said:

A bare thread at the end of the tube is correct, That thread is a standard SCT thread, the correct William Optic flatteners for this are the ones I mentioned earlier, They screw directly onto the end of the tube. They do not push in

Steve

Aha, will get back to RVO and see if I can do a swap. I didn't want to get violent with the OVL flattener they sent even though it looked like it might come apart. Cheers.

The WO ones are not easy to come by, They do turn up its just a matter of patience.

I'll take a pic of mine and post it up for you in a couple of mins

Here You Are.

Left is complete, Remove the nosepiece, The remaining body screws directly onto the scope, The Thumbscrew lets you rotate the camera

IMG_0904.JPG