Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
smr

ASI294 MC Pro or ASI 2600 MC Pro / QHY268C

Hi all,

I'm just wondering, given that the retail price is around £1k let's say, for the 294, and double that for the forthcoming 2600/268C, how are they worth 1k more? If they're worth 1k more at all?

Imx571 is aps-c sensor and 16 bit. Should be a cracking sensor. I'll be upgrading from my 071 when it's released.

Zero amplifier glow too unlike the 294 which has horrible issues in that respect. 

I like Richard have the 071 and not long since bought. One never knows when new gear will come along. As much as I feel the new 2600 model will be better, I personally am always reluctant to buy anything right at the beginning of a production run, there always seems to be some issues, no matter what, even cars. I rather fancy the full frame model though not so keen on the price tag. I have seen some very nice shots taken with the ASI 294 though, and 1000 is a fairly large amount in any language.

Alan

13 hours ago, smr said:

Hi all,

I'm just wondering, given that the retail price is around £1k let's say, for the 294, and double that for the forthcoming 2600/268C, how are they worth 1k more? If they're worth 1k more at all?

Well its about double the sensor area and a little more sensitive with no amp glow. So I would say that its actually a bargain for only twice the price as normally prices are not linear with sensor area for a given performance level. The 071 falls outside of that pricing as its a much older sensor generation. 

Adam 

Edited by Adam J