SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New computer, PHD2 - Guidecamera problem

Ceph

Hi all

I just bought me a new computer as I was getting more and more problems with my old one.

I got into problems when starting to use PHD2. I have a Loadstar Starlight express X2 as a guidecamera.
When I connects the camera in PHD2 all works as it is supposed to, camera i set as connected and all seems fine, but when I start to loop PHD2 the camera connections is lost, every time I tries this happens.

I have downloaded the latest drivers to the camera and also the latest PHD2

The computer is an HP 250 G7 Win10x64.
I have updated to the latest BIOS and Intel chipset drivers and all other drivers as well from HP.

Guidecamera does have its own USB port on the new computer, there is nothing wrong with the cables or the camera as they works as they should when I starts up the old computer again, no problem there when looping.

Any clues what this might be or what I could try?

Apart from the Computer, and as everything else is the same, i.e. same software versions etc ??, then you could try copying all the config files from the old computer to the new one.

You will need to update USB \ Ports connections etc. but it should give a reasonable start point.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Apart from the Computer, and as everything else is the same, i.e. same software versions etc ??, then you could try copying all the config files from the old computer to the new one.

You will need to update USB \ Ports connections etc. but it should give a reasonable start point.

I decided to copy the entire PHD2 folder from the old computer and it actually seems to have solved the problem.
I have unistalled and reinstalled a couple of different PHD2 during my atempts but no. Dont know what it was maybe win 10 blocked some file during installation
or just some corrupt installtion files?
Well I can now loop PHD2 without the camera disconnects, thanks for leading the way.

Edited by Ceph

19 hours ago, michael8554 said:

I'd say that as the Lodestar is USB powered, the USB port on your new PC isn't supplying enough current.

Look at the power setting of the USB port in Windows Device Manager.

Try a powered USB hub.

Michael

This i did not know and I have been looking for the power settings but failed to find any as there was none on my computer (have now seen on Internet what you means).
Instead I found those that shuts down the USB power to save power by default or whatever MS meant they should work
I have disabled them, actually I did this first before copying the old PHD2 folder and it did not help, sorry to say.
A good advice which I will remember, Thanks Michael