sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

COMPLETED - Celestron C8 XLT + extras *SOLD*

Celestron C8 XLT + extras and SkyWatcher Star Travel 80 (ST80)

I have a Celestron C8 with XLT Starbrite coatings. Will include the full length base plate, both visual and imaging backs, scope rings, front 8" end cap and the finder scope with it. No box I'm afraid. Optics are good and clean, focal length is huge - 2300mm from memory. This lot would cost close to £1300 new and one with less spec went for £750 on fleabay recently. Might be interested in a part exchange or will let it go for £450 collection only.

Also, I have a SkyWatcher Star Traveler 80 - good optics, used as a guide scope - just the scope itself (does not include the barlow in the photo) - now including dovetail bar and scope rings looking at around £50 for it.

I have decided to save up for another refractor, WO, Equinox or even toward an Esprit. However, I would also consider p/ex for an Intel NUC and/or Pegasus Astro Pocket Powerbox.

Please excuse some of the colours - I used my astro modded 6D which was in the observatory so the "nice" purple is actually black !!

Both these are collection only.

IMG_9994a.jpg

IMG_9995a.jpg

IMG_9996a.jpg

IMG_9997a.jpg

Edited by stevebb
C8 now sold

Celestron C8 and extra's as listed above now reduced £50  .....  £500   (or might consider a trade for a decent refractor - Equinox or similar as I am going the imaging route rather than visual)

Now priced to sell ... he says hopefully   ;)

Take both scopes and all accessories for £500  or  the Celestron C8 + accs for  £450 collected from North Yorks.

May be interested in a p/ex for either of the items mentioned in the post above or a decent refractor for imaging  (SkyWatcher Equinox or similar) + cash adjustment

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stevebty
      Good evening everyone
      I am looking at a SkyProdigy 6 telescope for a friend. the mount had a rattle/lose part. I partially unscrewed the casing and the plastic cylinder pictured below fell out. Anyone got any idea what it is or where is comes from. Looks plastic but can feel metal in the centre.
      Does anyone have a service manual or disassembly guide?
      Many thanks in advance
      Steve

• By Quetzalcoatl72
      I'm after a cassegrain reflector but I don't know which one to buy,
      I have a celestron c5 and it worked wonders for all fields, I now want the same but twice as powerful as my final upgrade
      I am looking at a c9.5 for £1350 or a c11 for £2000, My question is an extra 2.75" focal worth it for £750 more?
      I will likely purchase one this week
    • By guydive
      Hey all,
      I'm considering the 250PDS. The main use is visual, and the second is EAA (I currently use a zwo183mm). 
      What I'm hesitant about is the primary focus. since It's mostly for visual, I'm wondering on how much back focus it has compared to the standard Skywatcher 10" dobsonians? with the standard dobsonias with the same optics and focuser you already need an extension tube for most eyepieces...
      Also, there's probably a "bigger" obstruction (bigger shadow on primary)? 
    • By SuburbanMak
      Picked up a used ST80 on EBay as a wide-field companion to a SW Mak 127, and had only been able to point at terrestrial targets, align the RDF etc until last night presented an opportunity for a quick view of the moon, the only object visible through a blanket of high cloud. 
      I was keen to do this as have read widely varying reports of ST80 performance on bright objects so the moon was a good "how bad can it be?" test. 
      With a Baader Zoom and stock SW star diagonal (90 degree) quickly thrown on to a lightweight photo tripod I was really happy with the view - very crisp, bright, not difficult to achieve focus and a pleasingly wide field with no appreciable loss of quality from 17x - 50x. Terracing & hills in Copernicus small but really sharp for example.  I can see I am going to use this low magnification combination a lot as you can be up and viewing in 2 minutes. 
      The much complained about chromatic aberration was not to my eye too disturbing and limited to a very narrow green fringe on the brightest edge of the moon's disc & not in evidence along the terminator.  Be interesting to see if this is more evident and the expected red/blue when the moon is at full  brightness not partially filtered by cloud.
      Not that I plan to use it for the moon much given the Apollo 8 experience offered by the Mak, but it's good know the ST80 is perfectly fine for a quick peek  I suspect its one of those things where if I had spent a long time looking down expensive refractors I might be disturbed more, but as I haven't it has just left me kicking myself I didn't pick one of these up years ago.   
      Looking clear tonight so now I have the dilemma of which scope to sneak out to the park... 

• By AngHor
      I have a SkyWatcher AZ-EQ5 mount. It’s all working fine, except I have an issue with alignment. This applies whether I’m in EQ or Alt-Az mode.
      I set it up using  one or two star align without problems.
      However if I use the handset to GoTo another object, I usually need to do fine tuning adjustments to centre on the new object. But the mount disregards these adjustments, so if I use the GoTo system to centre on a nearby object, or revisit the original object a second time, it’s still off by the same amount.
      How do I tell the mount that I have centred on the new object and that it should now be aligned with that object ? 
      My iOptron MiniTower has a feature that does exactly this – once set up correctly and aligned, for each new object I go to there is an “ALIGN” option, and if I use this it now knows the correct position. Can I do this with SkyWatcher and Synscan ?
      Thanks. Angelo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.