Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone likely to see the eclipse tonight?

Darron

Our weather forecast is a bit schizophrenic at the moment. They are indicating we will have snow, but with some clear patches between the clouds. Moonrise is at 5:55 tonight, so it will rise about two hours into the eclipse, and go on until about 9:00 our time. So, I'll be on the bus when it rises, and in the pub when it ends, but I may catch part of the middle of it. I've seen some very good eclipses, but I don't think this will be one of them.

I could see the moon as a bright smear on the clouds as I went home tonight. By 8:00 or so, It was a round smear, with no sign of an eclipse. It occurred to me that this is a partial eclipse though, so there may not have been much to see. 8:00 is 1:00AM in England.

From what I've read it wasn't going to be stunning eclipse - like the total we had in November 2 years ago - now that was a good eclipse.

Saw the moon through a break in the four hours after the eclipse finshed at around 5:30 am this morning but that was it!

Ant

The next total eclipse visible from here is going to be my 58th birthday present,March 3rd, 2007. Not too long to wait. You'll get to see all of it. Here it will be rising in eclipse, and it will be cloudy, anyway. :insects1:

Hi all

Is there a partial eclipse on the 28th/29th this month?(March)

I was watching the Sky at Night and i could`ve swore that Sir Patrick said there was one on the 28th/29th,at around 10:45 in the morning.

Is this right or was I just seeing things?

Cheers

:lol: :moon:hunter :)

Archived