SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another Iris - 1-Dec-2019

AKB

Two imaging nights in three days?  Unheard of, but worth indulging.

Because it was cold, I just left the kit to get on with it, just occasionally stopping the imaging to focus remotely.  Owing to a recent failure of some ports on my Eagle 2, only the main scope had a dew heater, so everything came to an end once the guide scope had frozen over. ☹️  So this is taken in the early evening ~18:00 – 21:20.

Nonetheless, 34 x 5 minutes for a total of 170 – nearly three hours!  The longest total exposure I've ever done!!

Guiding was exceptionally good, ~0.5" RMS, so I suppose that the seeing was good too.

Esprit 120ED, ASI 294MC Pro, Quadband filter, processed with PI and StarNet++

Any advice about better noise suppression, or treatment of the dark stuff, welcomed.  I see that my calibration has not removed all of the amp glow, too.

Tony

20191201_Iris_120ED-ASI294-Qband-Starnet-34x5m-B.thumb.jpg.4f9658668d9d0b3b82a82953e1d0aff5.jpg

Edited by AKB
typo
  • Like 3

Well done Tony.  I gave this 8 hours with an FSQ a couple of years ago and got absolutely nowhere with the dust.  Unless you have a nice dark sky you are always going to be banging your head against the noise barrier.  I think you have done exceptionally well with this and the bright reflection within the dust looks spectacular.  

• Thanks 1