SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Attaching a camera to an Explorer 150pds

Ivar

I have been doing visual for a while, but want to try out astrophotography. I have an Explorer 150pds, HEQ5 Pro and an old Canon EOS 450D. Apparently the 450D is pretty decent for astrophotography. I was wondering how and what I need to attach the camera to the telescope and hopefully achieving focus. It may sound silly, but I'm new to the photography aspect of it. 

Thanks in advance :)

You need a T2 ring for your camera and a coma corrector. The Baader mpcc coma corrector will screw directly into the ring and slip into the focuser as a 2" eyepiece. 

Edited by wimvb

15 minutes ago, wimvb said:

You need a T2 ring for your camera and a coma corrector. The Baader mpcc coma corrector will screw directly into the ring and slip into the focuser as a 2" eyepiece. 

Thanks! :)

45 minutes ago, wimvb said:

and a coma corrector

Is a coma corrector really necessary?  I have this telescope's big brother (200P) and just manage with a T ring on my Cannon.

Edited by JOC

I use a 150pds with a 500D and the Baader MPCC.  If you want round stars anywhere away from the centre an MPCC is the way to go.   The stock focuser on these scopes does suffer from a little sag with a DSLR hanging off it, so even with the MPCC there will still be a little tweaking to get good stars accross the image, also collimation has to be spot on.