Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Geordie mc

PRICE DROP -Skywatcher 200 pds with HEQ5 pro synscan mount ST80 with Skywatcher guide mount etc.

8 inch Newtonian for visual or astrophotography use. Mount is a good solid unit. Comes with mains and cigar lighter power leads. 28mm 2 inch eyepiece. 25 and 10mm I.25 inch eyepieces and 2x Barlow. Skywatcher coma corrector. Red light torch (needs new batteries). Padded carry case for scope. Skywatcher ST80 guide scope with Skywatcher guidescope mount. Extra counterweight. Azimuth bolts are metal upgrades from Bob’s Knobs. Carry case for eyepieces etc.

Looking for offers around £750 for the whole setup. (Preferred option). But,  I would consider splitting the scope, mount, coma corrector, case, ST80 and guidescope mount. Make me a sensible offer.
I would also consider a swap for a one shot Colour ccd or cmos camera for deep sky use. Must be cooled and small bodied for Hyperstar use such as Atik Horizon os asi 533 pro. Tell me what you’ve got and we can work something out if the camera is suitable.

i live in France in the Haute Vienne but am back in the UK at Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire from Dec.20 to 28th. I could leave kit for collection in the New Year if that helps. Collection only please. Payment by PayPal only. Many thanks.

5690773C-5213-4AEC-AD6B-9D2A0E58C8F8.jpeg

33EA81A4-E0A9-4B5D-B549-0EDEC35D0D4D.jpeg

91C536E4-9B58-41AC-973C-F4A8917E8781.jpeg

0553CF0F-D133-4240-92F7-D6BE18CB23CC.jpeg

8473C210-BE00-43AF-BCDA-00421C787817.jpeg

DC990A7D-F694-4ECE-BECF-83106F144DAD.jpeg

Edited by Geordie mc
Price change
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By spikkyboy
      Hi all,
      I got a new HEQ5PRO mount last week and as expected have a few issues.
      I have read and re read the manuals.
      So I get that my position on earth will change the angle at which I am viewing Polaris.
      51.5 degrees according to my GPS.
      So I set the dial on the side to 51.5.
      I see the polar scope and remove the end cap from the mount and the black plastic plug from the body, so with the counterweight shaft fully extended I can see all the way through. GREAT!
      I am expecting to look through this polar scope and if it is aligned to polaris and I have adjusted the left and right azimuth bolts so that we rotate around said star all is peachy?
      No.
      My mount is only a week old. It has arrived with an updated reticle and not as in the manual.
      There is an addendum referring to this and the dates have been marked where Polaris will be for years to come.
      When I look through the polar scope it is illuminated bright orange, I am not looking through and seeing Polaris so here I am stumped.
      What exactly am I supposed to be aligning and what was the point of looking right through the shaft if I am not?
      Does anybody have the latest version of this mount that can advise?
      Am I supposed to have the power on? maybe with power off the reticule is not illuminated?
      To be fair the manual is pants and does not explain at all well what is needed.
      Answers on a postcard please.........
    • By stevebb
      Celestron C8 XLT + extras and SkyWatcher Star Travel 80 (ST80)
      I have a Celestron C8 with XLT Starbrite coatings. Will include the full length base plate, both visual and imaging backs, scope rings, front 8" end cap and the finder scope with it. No box I'm afraid. Optics are good and clean, focal length is huge - 2300mm from memory. This lot would cost close to £1300 new and one with less spec went for £750 on fleabay recently. Might be interested in a part exchange or will let it go for £450 collection only.
      Also, I have a SkyWatcher Star Traveler 80 - good optics, used as a guide scope - just the scope itself (does not include the barlow in the photo) - now including dovetail bar and scope rings looking at around £50 for it.
      I have decided to save up for another refractor, WO, Equinox or even toward an Esprit. However, I would also consider p/ex for an Intel NUC and/or Pegasus Astro Pocket Powerbox.
      Please excuse some of the colours - I used my astro modded 6D which was in the observatory so the "nice" purple is actually black !!
      Both these are collection only.

• By Rza
      As title. Not the best to look at cosmetically but in good working order.
      Mount has upgraded latitude bolts.
      Will throw in the following:
      Sky-Watcher power supply
      HiteCastro DC focus controller
      EQDIR cable to control mount from laptop
      Long UK plug mains power cable
      USB hub
      Lovely Lords Cricket bag
      £375 ONO
      Based in Kent near Maidstone.
      Collection only.
      Cheers

• By Adam J
      Here we have a clone of an ST80 branded as Helios, 80mm Achromatic F5 objective. (OTA only)
      Its not in the best condition. Numerous shallow scratches to the outer surface of the primary being the main issue.
      However, my assessment is that its not quite ready for the great telescope graveyard in the sky yet.
      The scratches of course will not be resolved when in focus and so it will still work as a guide scope or perhaps something to let younger children loose on without fear of what they might do to your ED triplet.
      Its mechanically sound in terms of the body / focuser / tube rings, so perhaps someone can make me an offer on those components for spare parts?
      For the whole thing I would be looking for 30 pounds to make it worth posting it realistically, I think that the tube rings / focuser together are worth that as spares parts to someone regardless of the objective.
      If you are willing to pick it up from Lincoln then a token amount would be accepted so make me an offer. 

Adam

• By LR Watanabe
      I cannot emphasise enough my current feeling of happiness. For weeks on end, I've been looking for a seller in Japan that offers the HEQ5, but the effort was futile.
      Until now, that is.
      FLO (First Light Optics) ships to Japan! They really do! (Well, I will have to add 200£ to the mix, though). What makes matters better is that by the end of the year, I'll be able to afford the HEQ5, a good (F4) guide scope, a autoguiding camera, AND possibly a Coma Corrector! 

But then again, I'm thwarted by a question my beginner brain cannot answer. Assuming I have the HEQ5 perfectly Polar Aligned (Sharpcap Pro FTW) and I've balanced correctly (that biasing rubbish), what kind of subs will I be expecting with roughly 7-8 kg on the HEQ5 total? 

Clear skies,
      Leon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.