Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bubble Nebula (close up) -NGC7635

alan4908

In an effort to improve on my image of the Bubble Nebula from a few years ago, I decided that my existing data needed a longer integration time...... so at a total integration time of just over 26 hours here's the result.  The image, taken with my Esprit 150, is an LRGB rendition with an Ha blend into the Red and Lum channels.  I was particularly interested in seeing how much detail I could extract on the bubble itself, so I decided that it looks best cropped. 

Alan

439212506_33.Finalcrop.thumb.jpg.20d2072de1e0a492d9670fc2cff992bb.jpg

LIGHTS: L: 33, R: 27, G:27, B:23 x 600s, Ha:16 x1800s, BIAS:100, DARKS:20, FLATS:40 all at -20C. 

Edited by alan4908
  • Like 16

11 hours ago, MartinB said:

A proper soap suddy bubble Alan and nice and smooth thanks to the time you've given it.  Excellent!

Thanks Martin. :smile:

Yes, the extra time definitely helped with the bubble definition, although I still struggled getting good star colours. I think I need more practice.

Alan