Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hello, this is my first attempt on NGC 7635 with my skywatcher 250pds on an NEQ6 synscan mount. These are 7min subs stacked to a total exposure of 5 hours taken with my unmodified canon 700d and a skytech cls filter. No coma corrector was used as I haven't gotten one yet. I'm just wondering how I could make my images look clearer when zoomed in and improve them overall as I can see the image gets more blurry when I zoom in onto the bubble, should I use a higher magnification? Do I need to take more darks to get rid of the redness around the image ? Or perhaps I stretched the image too much in Photoshop? I used 10 darks, 60 bias and 60 flat frames.
Update: I have now further processed my image with greater care and got a much better result.
The bubble nebula. Not much to add about the target itself as it is already popular enough.
A combination of HOO shot with the ASI1600MMC + Astronomik narrowband filters through the 200mm newtonian tube removed from the dobson base and put on the EQ6-R.
About 6h of exposure through the Oxygen filter and about 9h through the Hydrogen filter.
Clicking on the pictures will redirect to the astrobin images where you can watch them in full resolution.
Thanks for watching and clear skies to you too!
This is a wide field image from my Canon 300mm telephoto lens from about a week ago. Never got the chance to collect the corresponding RGB data before it disappeared behind my obsy wall, so since I am a sucker for colour I took the liberty to colourize it. After all it is mainly Ha in this object, but as soon as I get RGB data I will post the proper version but I am afraid that it will not happen this season as it is getting low on the horizon. Unmodded Canon 60D with Astronomik 12nm Ha clip filter. ISO1600. 15 x 10 min.
Comments & suggestions most welcome, including angry ones that argue that Ha images should be in B/W
Well, I can't remember the last time I actually posted an image. Not this year & I don't remember anything of last year either! Whilst I've been collecting data over that period, I realise I get more of a kick out of the whole techy side of putting the bits together, automating it all & capturing the data. When it comes to processing I never seem to have the time & patience & just end up frustrating myself overcooking things when I do.
I thought it about time to have another go & soon realised anything I actually had once known was long forgotten. So, I've been reading through Warren Keller's Inside PixInsight & thought I'd practice on some 12.5 hrs of data on NGC7635 collected over the 5th - 10th of this month. As I'm about to post this I can already see quite a few things need sorting out in the next version & I think I need to go back & start again but hey ho, I'll post it anyway otherwise it'll be next year before I know it! I've also got 14.5 hrs of SII & over 15 hrs of OIII plus a couple of hours or so each of RGB for the stars. I've thrown more away! So you can imagine, I've no idea when I'll get around to the full image! Tips & critique welcome as usual please...
Scope: RC8 with AP 0.67 reducer
Camera: Atik 314L+
Filter: Astrodon 5nm Ha
Subs: 50 x 900
Processed in PixInsight