Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
markastro

12" DOB Wanted - Scotland. Would consider larger.

Hi,

Looking for a 12" DOB (or larger) which can be transported to Prestwick, Ayrshire. Any brand, as long as the telescope is optically sound and in good working order. I'm a reliable buyer who has bought and sold on this site before.

Thanks,

Mark

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sidecontrol
      Hey,
      I live in the NE of Scotland and have recently been bit by the Astrophotography bug!  I bought a Star tracker a few months back, but only started using it 3 weeks ago (due to crap weather).  The images posted are what I've managed to get with my Fujit XT2 and my various lenses.  Only just started stacking in DeepSkyStacker and trying to stretch / edit in Photoshop.  I've recently gotten the 45 day trial on Pixinsight so will be looking to try out editing in that.

Looking forward to learning a bunch from everyone!

• By Simple-Human
      Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the pro's and con's of the different types of mounts out there? Do Dobsonian mounts have issues on non-flat surfaces (like a garden) or can Equatorial mounts ever have issues getting out of line too easily?
    • By Piero
      Very happy with it! Wish the sky were clear, but as we all know, when we buy astro equipment, it's cloudy! Argh!
      The telescope was collected from David Lukehurst at noon and then we travelled back to Cambridge. 
      John Nichol primary mirror: 37mm thickness, Suprax. Hilux coated. Optics 1/8 PV wavefront  1/27 wave RMS. Strehl .95. Secondary mirror: 62mm MA.
      Here a few photos:

• By Bigdaddyjeff
      Please find for sale my SkyWatcher 250 Reflector and NEQ6 SynScan mount. 

The reflector has of course been used and shows sign of use on the outside of the tube but the mirrors show little sign of wear or tear apart from a few dust specks. As you can see from the photos the Scope is in very good condition and all viewings are welcome.

The NEQ6 mount powers up but refuses to move. This may be just an update to the handset or maybe the gears need a touch of TLC due to itself being sat doing nothing for so long. The tripod is missing the locking pin that pulls the plate up against the legs but this will be reflected in the price. 

i would like to offer this to the SGL community as I know it will go to someone who will appreciate the kit and do so much more with it than I’ve been able to. 

Given the fact I haven’t used this kit for a few years now and I’m also moving house, I know longer have the time or room for it so this is the only reason for sale. 

*** Update 26/1/2020
      I have purchased a new support shaft for the tripod and I have also got the NEQ6 moving so the motors seem to be absolutely fine, please see latest video attached of the NEQ6 powered up and moving. 
      Skywatcher 250 - £200 
      NEQ6 - £450 
      Collection only from Walsall/West Midlands 
      Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them. 
      Wishing you all clear skies wherever you are

IMG_2242.MOV
    • By GTom
      I am thinking on grinding my own lightweight mirror (first f4 16", later f4 24"). The lightest and cheapest option is to get a thin blank and slump it in a decent kiln.
      Anyone has longer term experiene with slumped mirrors? Overall doesn't seem to be more work than a normal (not pregenerated) blank.
      Do I have to grind the backside as in case of normal flat back mirrors to avoid astigmatism? How do people support a convex back while grinding? Does it make sense to grind a hole in the middle for additional support? I am remotely considering a convertible Newtonian/Cassegrain system anyway...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.