Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

wesdon1

Veiwing through open window/skylight

4 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

problem with goto and aligning would be the lack of room to rotate the OTA and not collide with the window/opening I think. Perhaps a simple RA or dual motor might do just as well with the limitations, unless you want to be able to use the scope out in the open

Yes i think it's only gonna work outdoors? I'll give it a go indoors and let you know if i have any joy.

Just now, wesdon1 said:

Yes i think it's only gonna work outdoors? I'll give it a go indoors and let you know if i have any joy.

It should still be able to RA track tho... you'd just have to be careful choosing a goto target in case it'll take it into an obstruction. Have the same limitations with my 100RS on the EQ5 SynScan if I'm using it in the conservatory rather than out in the garden, esp as my scopes are all 1M long or thereabouts. The SW130 on the EQ2 with RA motor can at least track and not have the worry of risking it trying to go where it shouldn't ;) Guess I could swap the 100RS or tal-1 OTA onto the EQ2 if I needed to but so far I just work within the limitations as needed.

21 hours ago, Thalestris24 said:

It's not ideal and thermals limit my guiding

Are they too tight?

• Haha 2