Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Half a night

wookie1965

Made two lists one early evening one later on never got to that.

Kicked off about 5.30 wanted get a couple in before they went too far south.

Uranus brilliant in the 15mm x78 lovely globe with definite hint of green.

Neptune finally got it after checking with sky safari used 11mm here x107 definitely blue and lovely ball shape.

Onto Andromeda.

Groombridge 34         00h 17` 9    +44° 00`          Easily split with the 15mm  yellow/orange with a tiny companion.

Vx Andromedae           00h 20` 1    +44° 00`          This is a lovely carbon star  loads of colour.

36 Andromedae        (SAO 0743 59)              1.2" split here which I was really well pleased about had go up to x295 with a hair split.

Σ 3050                       (SAO 0736 56)               Twins  straw coloured at x147 

Σ 79                           (SAO 0368 32/33)           white here secondary got a hint of blue.

56 Andromedae        (SAO 0551 07)                  Very wide split here  both looked yellowish to me.

γ Gamma Andromedae   (SAO 0377 34)             Obvious different star sizes main is Orange secondary is blue/green

59 Andromedae          (SAO 0553 30)                  Twins yellow to me.

NGC 404    A first for me tried before but got it this time  ghostly is the right description.

Perseus

NGC 1545  "Running Man Cluster"           you can definitely see this or the famous Travolta pose from Saturday night fever.

NGC 1528   lovely open cluster here framed nice in my 15mm.

Σ 162    (SAO 0375 36) triple here in a cone shape touching twin yellow stars and green/blue companion

Aries

1 Arietis    01h 50` 1   +22° 17`     Yellow and blue here a lovely double.

γ Gamma Arietis (Mesarthim)   (SAO 0926 80)   lovely twin white stars here known as the "Rams Eyes"

I then came in for a warm and a brew waiting for Orion clear the roof of the houses opposite so 9.15 came and I went to go out not knowing the wife had cleaned the kitchen floor well I slipped landed on my lower back on the back step, I was on the floor for an hour before my lads came over and got me up I then put ice packs on. Managed to fall asleep woke up surprised I am not too bad very stiff but not as much pain as I thought I would be. 

Lads have said if its clear and I am up to it they will help me set up and bring my kit back in so there is no lifting for me just see how I feel later. Things were going so well.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Great session, Paul; shame about the slip - glad you're not badly injured, and that you can get some assistance.  (I had a close call a couple of years back - fell off my bike at speed - was very lucky I didn't smash my face, break a leg, or fracture my pelvis.  Got off with severe swelling and cut palms.)

Take care!

Doug.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

Great session, Paul; shame about the slip - glad you're not badly injured, and that you can get some assistance.  (I had a close call a couple of years back - fell off my bike at speed - was very lucky I didn't smash my face, break a leg, or fracture my pelvis.  Got off with severe swelling and cut palms.)

Take care!

Doug.

I have two collapsed discs in my lower back so I was fearing the worse talking about bikes going work on mine some years ago going downhill (not fast😀) car coming the other way decided turn right into her driveway me straight over the bonnet landed on my lower back must have a magnet there or something. Had a great bend in the crossbar behind the handle bars and my forks where bent straight.

• Like 1