Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky-Watcher Evostar 80ED + ZWO Electronic Automatic Focuser

Sorry if I'm repeating a post anywhere, but I'm trying to find out if anyone has a Sky-watcher Evostar 80ED and a ZWO Electronic Automatic Focuser.

Are these compatible?  The EAF manual mentions a few Sky-watcher telescope ranges, but not the Evostar.

I've done several web searches but can find nothing.

Maybe we should have a compatibility thread... just a thought.

• 1 year later...
On 27/11/2019 at 10:19, Jammy said:

Thank you.  I didn't know the Black Diamond was the same scope.  Every day is a school day!

Did you manage to fit this? how did you remove the focusing knob on the left hand side of the OTA as mine does not have any grub screws to remove it

• 1 month later...
On 22/09/2021 at 17:41, Alanj49 said:

Did you manage to fit this? how did you remove the focusing knob on the left hand side of the OTA as mine does not have any grub screws to remove it

Sorry, only just seen your post.  Yes it came off easily from memory.  Are you sure there isn't a grub screw?  I think I just loosened a grub screw and it came straight off.  Don't remove the one with the fine tuning.