Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC59/63 very deep nebulosity

Avdhoeven

This image shows the extended nebulosity around IC59/IC63. This nebulosity is very rarely found on imagery, and as far as I know only a handful of images showing this nebulosity can be found, where most of them only show a very weak impression of the nebulosity. With this image I hope to challenge people to image this beautiful region and maybe even bring out more details. It's really worth it! 

The image was processed with astropixelprocessor and after that the starnet++ script in pixinsight was used to separate the stars from the nebulosity. Using Niktools the nebulosity was sharpened and stretched to show more detail in the final image.

49117883712_90485911d7_c.jpg

Telescope: tmb92ss
Camera: qsi583ws
Exposure: 183x900s (46 h) with an astrodon 5 nm H-a filter

• Like 15

It reminds me a lithography from Gustavo Dorė, in Dante's Comedy.

It has, more than the evidence of the wide nebulosity, a dramatic soul that match in a perfect way the Ghost of Cassiopeia.

Usually I don't like granular images, I tend to eliminate it and smooth my images but here it's a Magical Touch.

If image has also to give some emotions, with this you catch me.

Edited by GiorgioF