Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Buying an used Celesteron C11

Hi everyone, 

I'm planning to buy a used C11 Celesteron, I'm interested in more focal length than what my actual telescope has, plus lesser weight. The used telescope is in very good condition and the price is very good.

Any one can give some buying tips to check if the telescope has any failure or issues? What to check? Any advice would be helpful.

Best regards 

Edited by OJ87

Shine a torch into it to check the primary mirror for defects, check the corrector plate for scratches or other defects. Make sure the focuser is smooth in operation and just generally look at the overall condition to see if there any dents etc which would indicate a hard life. Look through it at night if you can to check on the collimation.

Peter

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PeterCPC said:

Shine a torch into it to check the primary mirror for defects, check the corrector plate for scratches or other defects. Make sure the focuser is smooth in operation and just generally look at the overall condition to see if there any dents etc which would indicate a hard life. Look through it at night if you can to check on the collimation.

Peter

Thanks Peter

One more thing to check:

The corrector plate and/or the secondary mirror come loose sometimes. That is important to check, because collimating will be next to impossible.
That would be a legitament reason to get the price down, for the telscope has to be serviced by an expert or an experienced hobbyist

Edited by Waldemar
  • Like 1