Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Televue sale

jetstream

I've just suffered a moment of weakness and ordered the 17.3,10 and 8mm Delos...:shocked: also incoming is the TV intravel adapter and a Baader Pushfix adapter @Piero thanks for the Docter saving adapter info.

The TV sale is a nice discount so I figured now is the time (to move into the Seacan lol!):help2:

• Like 9

Very nice. I have the 10mm Delos and have used the 6mm, both equally engaging and comfortable eyepieces. The TeleVue discount, I would love to get my hands on a Panoptic 41mm, still rather pricy. 

Are there particular targets you plan on using these for Gerry?

Edited by scarp15
Aditional
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, John said:

Nice purchases Gerry :thumbright:

I have the 17.4 and 14mm Delos and like them a lot :smiley:

I'm looking forward to comparing the 17.3 Delos with the ES 92 17mm which I've recently acquired.

Sorry to go off topic  a bit.  From reading other posts I get the impression that the ES 92 17mm might be a bit much for my SW 250px focuser to handle well. My heaviest ep at the moment is only a radian 8mm. What are your thoughts John? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, scarp15 said:

Are there particular targets you plan on using these for Gerry?

Yes, there are some targets in mind. The Delos series are very deep widefields and with high DSO contrast. The 17.3mm will be a galaxy finder and then then 10mm and 8mm will be used to pull really faint ones out, possibly close to top ortho levels, not quite but close. My former Delos were deeper and with much less scatter than my Ethos. I do love the immersive view the Ethos gives however.

Another target will be planetaries- after viewing that sharp annular ring in the Blue Snowball last night I figured a bit more comfort would be nice and with less lens fogging in the cold compared to my orthos, the 20mm eyerelief will be good to have.

Actually I'll use these Delos for everything- lunar/planetary/nebs and galaxies.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Piero said:

Great stuff, Gerry! :)

Hope you find the push fix adapter as useful as I do!

Thanks again Piero, it should be here in a couple of weeks. This adapter should allow the "A" setting on the PCII or allow me to shim it so it does.

I'm trying to get all my eyepieces to work on "A" or "D" for ease of use.

• Like 1

Great and worthwhile purchase, @jetstream:smiley: I have a 14 and 10mm Delos and they're a joy to handle and use. However, there is one significant problem. Once used you cannot go back to the night before you owned one, because you were a different person then, and like Alice, you’ve gone through a looking glass and have entered a new world of visual wonder, opened up a celestial window onto the universe from which you can never return :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bish said:

Sorry to go off topic  a bit.  From reading other posts I get the impression that the ES 92 17mm might be a bit much for my SW 250px focuser to handle well. My heaviest ep at the moment is only a radian 8mm. What are your thoughts John? 

The ES 92 17mm is a heavy eyepiece - 1.2kg. A little more even than the Ethos 21mm.

Well, a new Televue OIII for the 15" is on its way, but will be tested on a spectrograph by a good acquaintance and scope maker first. Good deal really- if it doesn't give good numbers back it goes- before its sent to me. If fit passes, the new Nebustar will go through the same paces.

Edited by jetstream

Took the splash and ordered a 3-6mm Nagler Zoom from FLO while on offer, having read good reports. This will be a high power eyepiece for my Esprit 150, and if I am impressed with it, I will probably selling my existing Parks 3.8 mm Plossl and 4mm Vixen SLV eyepieces. 

John 

Edited by johnturley
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, johnturley said:

Took the splash and ordered a 3-6mm Nagler Zoom while on offer, and having read good reports, this will be a high power eyepiece for my Esprit 150.

John 

I have the 2-4mm nagler zoom (out of production now) and its an excellent high power / very high power eyepiece.

I've owned a couple of the 3-6mm versions in the past as well - just as good !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, faulksy said:

get the sips. no settings needed, every ep is the same 😀

no SIPS.... just bought the Paracorr II, which I can easily switch to the 15". Speaking of which I'm putting encoders on that one too and I'm trying to get silicone cold temp cables.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jetstream said:

no SIPS.... just bought the Paracorr II, which I can easily switch to the 15". Speaking of which I'm putting encoders on that one too and I'm trying to get silicone cold temp cables.

are you using nexus