Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Skyline

COMPLETED - FREE - Celestron OmniXLT 150 f/5 Newtonian for School Astro Club

Hi

I would like to offer my scope to anyone who is running an Astronomy Club in a school.

Don't worry there's no catches - Apart from one?  it has to be collected or receiver arranges collection and delivery via a courier. I have no packing for it.

Due to my spinal surgery recently, I was unable to handle mounting and dismounting the scope unless my wife was helping me. Unfortunately it has become bulky for me to handle, hence I have downgraded the scope to something manageable.

It is a well looked after scope, no dings or scratches, wonderful optics - better then Skywatcher mirrors IMHO, it has been flocked, also I have 3D Printed some stand offs so the scope can stand upright with clearance of the mirror locking nuts. Also it has a matching finderscope and a bahtinov mask.

I obtained this scope some years ago with much difficulty and it is not something I thought about letting it go.

It would be nice to see it go to a genuine good cause.

Please send me information about the club you are running please.

Thank You

Nadeem.

20191122_145826.jpg

20191122_145916.jpg

20191122_145938.jpg

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

Ah Man, I know how much this scope means to you along with your Celestron ED's. Wonderful of you to offer this to a club, and who ever gets it will be lucky as these are hard to find!

P.s. I'm going to be nosey, did you have a decompression and fixation? I work with orthopaedic surgeons for spinal lists and this seems to be the most frequent operation other than nerve root blocks which. Good luck with your recovery and I hope things improve for you :)

Edited by Lockie

That’s a very generous offer ! Afraid i cant help but i was going to suggest if there is a local Planetarium you could donate it there . I work in a school environment in Texas USA . Schools here would not use it except maybe for solar viewing if they have the proper sun filter . Good luck and hope   it’s used for its’ purpose . 

First let me sympathise with you on the reason for your very generous offer
of a prized instrument.  I've seen several offers of this kind from SGL folks, who also had
sad reasons for their wonderful offers, but the sad part aside, these acts of kindness are to be
highly applauded.  Not only do these offers serve to bring joy to the eventual recipients,
they also transmit the wonderful generosity of SGL's forum members.
I'm sure all who read this post will wish you well for the future, you are very kind hearted  person.
Lockie's suggestion would be worth pursuing.
Best Wishes to you :icon_salut:.
Ron.

Edited by barkis
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, barkis said:

First let me sympathise with you on the reason for your very generous offer
of a prized instrument.  I've seen several offers of this kind from SGL folks, who also had
sad reasons for their wonderful offers, but the sad part aside, these acts of kindness are to be
highly applauded.  Not only do these offers serve to bring joy to the eventual recipients,
they also transmit the wonderful generosity of SGL's forum members.
I'm sure all who read this post will wish well for the future, you are very kind hearted  person.
Lockie's suggestion would be worth pursuing.
Best Wishes to you :icon_salut:.
Ron.

Couldn’t have said it better myself, a Prince amongst men.

M

• Like 2

Transaction complete. Mods please remove.