Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SkyWatcher Explorer 200P

Hi

on the advice of more knowledgeable folk, I've taken the plunge and bought myself a complete

SkyWatcher Explorer 200P 8" Telescope + EQ5 PRO GOTO Synscan computerised mount

and I was hoping that the purchase of the 12v DC Power Tank and the 2.1mm>2.1mm cable would have the handset power up.

(I've been assured that the Power Tank and cable are correct - and BOTH are brand new.

no such luck! - I'm thinking I've missed something obvious - a newbie error? any help appreciated.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

scope, mount and controllers came from ebay seller - 12months old stated "like new" fully working

my understanding is that - even if the mount were not connected, the power tank being linked to the synscan EQ5Pro should power up the synscan hand controller display - at the very least?

Edited by brenski

9 minutes ago, brenski said:

scope, mount and controllers came from ebay seller - 12months old stated "like new" fully working

my understanding is that - even if the mount were not connected, the power tank being linked to the synscan EQ5Pro should power up the synscan hand controller display - at the very least?

Ensure the cig lighter plug is pushed hard into the socket on power tank then rotate it a few degrees. I had to do this on mine for it to work.

Edited by Steve Clay

i knew this'd be a newbie error - just discovered. needed to be using the "cigarette lighter type" connector.

all good now. just need to balance,  and wait for a clear night.

thanks for your reply