SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Welcome to the IKI Observatory

FLO

2 hours ago, Helen said:

If EEVA was available for booking then that would really fill a gap in the outreach market I think.

I have been thinking the same thing for some time. I think remote EAA is a very l interesting opportunity, I’d be interested! It doesn’t place the same demands on the equipment as traditional imaging so needn’t be so expensive. EAA sessions are sometimes streamed live on YouTube by the user - could potentially provide some useful ‘exposure’ for IKI (excuse the pun). 

Also it might not just be for outreach, there are plenty of people doing EAA observing  ‘projects’ who would kill for a decent setup with guaranteed skies. 

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 1

On 20/11/2019 at 17:53, banjaxed said:

Another good reason to be a member of this community, I don’t think I am alone in saying my experience in astronomy is nearly all thanks to SGL and FLO.

And I don't think I'm alone in saying that the reason I'm perpetually overdrawn is all thanks to SGL and FLO 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic idea from the guys at FLO and of course FLO for making it happen. 

Congratulations folks, looking forward to see how this progresses,, great news for amateur astronomy. Well done Sgl.. 

Davy,, video astronomy forum 

• 1 month later...

Clear Outside is predicting 5 clear nights in Castillejar and with little or no moon are we going to be treated to some images from the rig this week?

Brilliant news, and just at the right time for those stuck at home in coronavirus quarantine/isolation, especially those like me who can't get to a dark location, and those who don't have a garden.

Carole 

4 minutes ago, carastro said:

Brilliant news, and just at the right time for those stuck at home in coronavirus quarantine/isolation, especially those like me who can't get to a dark location, and those who don't have a garden.

Carole 

That was in Febuary, since then it has not been very good with March largely clouded out!

Regards Andrew 

• 4 months later...

We got there in the end - M16 data now released.

We have a whole load of Crescent data ready to release in a few weeks and then hopefully, within a few weeks of that M17 and then next up, IC59 / IC63.

Accepting suggestions for next targets after that 🙂

• 6 months later...