SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IAS 2019 Review - Friday 15 November

chaxastro

IAS 2019 Review - Friday 15 November

My second show (first was last year), as before got there on Friday 15th, soon after 0900hrs.

Despite the weather, seemed to be fairly busy in the main hall. Had a few good discussions with different vendors, 365 Astronomy in particular. Even the guy on the Vixen stand near the entrance, remembered me from last year!

RVO had a whole hall to themselves, not really sure why? They did seem a bit 'lost' in there. All that space and not much kit...

Again, there to 'window shop' only, but still managed to spend £90! Got a good price on a WO 1.25" Dura-Bright Dielectric diagonal.

(Thanks Widescreen) Best online price I'd found, prior to the show, was about £100 inc. postage/delivery, so saved a tenner!

Restaurant was a big improvement over last year. Coffee was OK, lunch was pretty good too. Choice of Fish 'n' Chips or Cottage Pie.

All gone by 1345hrs...

All in all a good day. Looking ahead to 2020, might make three in a row!

Chaxastro

"Humour is reason gone mad" Groucho Marx

20191115_112444.jpg

20191115_113002.jpg

20191115_122907.jpg

20191115_142747.jpg

20191115_143131.jpg

20191115_143402.jpg

20191115_143656.jpg

• Like 3

Nice report, glad you enjoyed it.

I went along on the Saturday, having gone for a few years now, but missed last years as not feeling it with the speakers.

This year it was great on Saturday, better venue, much more space.

The speakers were hard to decide between, I could have sat just listening.
The vendors all looked to be well used and sales looked to be good.

RVO did indeed look rather lost in the hall in the entrance, but did give room to look in comfort, but
the Celestron bit in the same area was cramped and you nearly fell over the tripod legs looking!

The IKI stand was looking well presented and indeed showed Ian King is still alive and kicking at FLO.
Was nice to meet some FLO faces.

The Rowan Astronomy / Engineering stand was of great interest, see separate post on the AZ100 mount.

The IAS organiser have done a grand job each year, but 2019 was by far the best one to date, roll on 2020 IAS.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alan White said:

The IAS organiser have done a grand job each year, but 2019 was by far the best one to date, roll on 2020 IAS.

We were impressed too. Both days were well attended and I heard only positive comments from visitors. 

Events like this are also a good opportunity for us vendors to get together. Most of us are sociable 😊 

Steve 

• Like 1