Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APT, 4 x 4 binning and not being in focus when 1 x 1

5haan_A

Hi Guys,

Encountered an interesting problem. Where in a nutshell I can't seem to focus when when using 1 x 1 under the binning section of APT. I can focus when binning 4 x 4 but not 1 x 1. It's not an issue of not being able to focus, as I have a lakeside focuser and there isn't a point at which its more in focus, trust me I checked. Funnily enough, when set to 4 x 4 bin there are no focus issues and the images are quite sharp. 

I have attached an image of what I mean, its titled cave nebula, the title is the only place you'll see the cave nebula in the image. The second image I have attached is of bodes nebula using the same set up but on a previous night. Whilst not perfect you can see it's much better.

My question is really am I using the wrong settings? Should I be happy binning at 4 x 4 and getting a clearer image but with perhaps less fine detail. Could my settings be more refined for the set up I have?

The set up I have:

Mount: EQ6 pr0

OTA: Esprit 100

Camera: Zwo 294 MC cooled 

Capture: APT

Thanks,

cave nebula.fit Bodes nebula2.fit