Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mercury Transit v2.0

orion25

I played with my original image in Photoshop and came out with a nicely enhanced view of the transit. Mercury is much better defined in this image. What a cool experience! I hope many of you had the opportunity to see it:

762443888_ASTRONOMY-SUN-MERCURYTRANSITBEST11-11-19SM.thumb.jpg.95b4bb6507f490cf28dc32f7a6c505f4.jpg

Cheers!

Reggie :D 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ruud said:

Hi Reggie, that's a pretty one. Mercury is lovely and your Sun really shines!

Thanks.

Thank you, my friend. Were you able to see the transit from your location? How have you been? I haven't been on here as much lately. It's good to hear from you :) 

18 hours ago, orion25 said:

Thank you, my friend. Were you able to see the transit from your location? How have you been? I haven't been on here as much lately. It's good to hear from you :) 

We're all fine here and it's good to have you back. It was great to see the transit images here because most of us weren't very lucky with that ourselves. I was under five kilometres of very leaky clouds.

Hope you're fine too! I remember you were busy writing new music. Have you and the band started performing the new material?

3 minutes ago, Ruud said:

We're all fine here and it's good to have you back. It was great to see the transit images here because most of us weren't very lucky with that ourselves. I was under five kilometres of very leaky clouds.

Hope you're fine too! I remember you were busy writing new music. Have you and the band started performing the new material?

I've been inspired to write cathedral organ music! With orchestral touches and classical guitar. I've always liked classical church hymns and I'm putting my own spin on the genre. It won't be church songs but will sound like them in instrumentation. It will be primarily instrumental, but I'll have recitative (spoken parts) and gregorian type choir parts. It will be quite a departure from what I've released recently. Thanks for asking! :)

On 21/11/2019 at 21:52, astroavani said:

A beautiful picture!
I would very much like to have a setup to catch the whole sun, but unfortunately both the telescope and camera are not suitable for that.
It's a pleasure to see your work my friend!

Thanks, Avani! That means so much to me to hear that from you. This was one of a quick series of photos I actually took with my 127 Maksutov because it is the only scope I have right now that can track the sky. I was happy with the results! Oh yes, Avani did you know that I am a musician also?. I would love to make a video of some of your images and add music some time.

Obrigado!

Reggie :D