Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Linking to another member's post?

fwm891

22 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

Feeling a [removed word] but how do I link to someone's post so they know I've responded to their question?

I've tried putting the '@' immediately before a name but it never highlights...

Cheers

Or you can highlight the relevant text and click the quote button which will also notify them.

25 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

Feeling a [removed word] but how do I link to someone's post so they know I've responded to their question?

I've tried putting the '@' immediately before a name but it never highlights...

Cheers

If you want to mention someone yes, put '@' and start typing their screen name and wait a bit - it will show a list of members (auto complete) - select member from the list. That way you will always "complete" mention.

image.png.56f40586394607ab2aa570ff037849b9.png

Just typing someones screen name after '@' will not always function (at least in my browser it happened couple of times that it did not work, but above method always works.

You can also quote just a part of their post - which is handy if post is long, has many images that you don't want to repeat, or you want to address certain part of their post. Just select part that you want and wait maybe a second or so - "quote selection" popup will appear - again click on it:

image.png.e38f572f494a16d1df2c93261c880eec.png

As a third option, you can actually insert a link to a thread or a post - just copy address of relevant thread/post from address bar and paste it in text - forum engine will create nice looking excerpt from that post. Mind you - that is just to referring to something and people in that thread will not get notification of any kind.

• Thanks 1

I have the same problem with @.  I get the symbol up and then start typing and it doesn't highlight. But if I type a letter after @ and then delete it and type again a list of members comes up and I can highlight it. I don't understand why. So just put @ up then type a letter then delete it and start typing again and Bob's your uncle. 

2 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Not on topic but related is how do people add a link for example for an Amazon/ebay item that may have 3 lines of text into a single "here" or similar?

Alan

image.png.148ca7990a51e439a672df82e2c91683.png

opens up this:

image.png.1e5ff1e183315359cd89a8aa509579f5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1