Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

AstroRuz

COMPLETED - (Sold) Altair Triband Filter

£150 + P&P

Selling my Altair Astro Triband filter.

This is a triple narrowband filter that allows through Hydrogen Alpha, Oxygen III and Hydrogen Beta. This is one of the first models released to get some in the wild before the filter ring was finalized. As such it is in a Skytech L-Pro Max filter ring - but it is a Triband Filter.

I reviewed this filter here. I am selling it on now to fund other items to use and review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHo6CncgwS8&t=504s

Triband filter 1.jpg

Triband filter 2.jpg

Triband filter 3.jpg

Triband Filamentary Nebula post GX.jpg

Triband Tulip.jpg

NINASetupBundle_1.9.0.9001.zip NA-NebulaDSS.tif Editing-workflow (1).odt Editing-workflow.odt NA NebulaDSS.TIF googlec78c2055e9f914fc.html google0e6c19e8eb0c872b (1).html google0e6c19e8eb0c872b.html StarSpikes_Plugin_PC_Installer.exe

Edited by AstroRuz
  • Like 1

No, not this year. I was meant to be elsewhere but I may be having to pull out of that as well. I hope to make a Kelling Heath star party sometime!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Spider-Man
      Hi, I'm keen to buy a small good quality refractor primarily for astrophotography of galaxies and nebulae.   I'd like to use my Pentax K1 full frame DSLR with the telescope.
      Reviewing YouTube & Google the; Altair Astro 72 EDF deluxe & William Optics 71GT look like they might be good models to go for.  I'd welcome the community's views on both, and any other alternatives people recommend.
    • By AstroRuz
      Selling my full narrowband set up for multiple reasons: I could do with the money and mono just isn't really doing it for me.
      £1000
      Includes:
      Altair Astro 183m Tec
      Baader Narrowband filters (Ha, OIII, SII and Clear)
      ZWO Electronic Mini Filter Wheel
      All associated cables/plugs
      T2 extensions to reach 55mm back focus for use with reducers
      Boxes and cases
      There is a scratch on the T2-T2 adaptor for the filter wheel and a couple of the labels on the filter boxes have been torn. But otherwise the important parts work perfectly well.
      Collection or postage via DPD.
      Buyer to pay postage and PayPal fees.
      No offers currently accepted, and I would rather not split

• By MrsGnomus
      This is a 6" f/5.9 refractor (890mm focal length).  It is constructed from high quality Japanese Ohara and German Schott glass with top quality coatings.  This has the large 3" rotatable focuser.  It can accept a 2" or a 1.25" diagonal.
      It comes with a carrying handle and a vixen dovetail bar.  As you can see there is some of the usual scuffing on the dovetail bar. 
      No doubt you have seen the reviews of this scope.  We have gone a bit berzerk over the last few months and have run out of scope shelves, so this one needs to go.  We bought it new around 18 months ago direct from Altair Astro.  It has seen minimal use what with one thing or another. 
      £590 preferably by bank transfer.  The box and packing material has gone the way of all things.  As such, this would need to be collected.  I don't mind driving to meet someone half-way if necessary.

• By DeepSkyMan
      Hi there guys, realise it’s probably a bit of a long shot, but I’m hoping that someone on Stargazers is looking to part with an Altair Astro Starbase.  Have my heart set on one of these as the ideal future proof tripod for my field observing platform.
      Paul.
    • By DeepSkyMan
      Hi there, I am contemplating getting an 80mm scope to replace my existing 9x50mm RACI finderscope.  However this got me thinking about how to mount the 80mm scope onto the Edge.  Dual dovetail plates are out, because I use a Kendrick ZapCap and I don't fancy cutting a section out to accommodate another dovetail bar.  I really like the look of the Altair Astro ultralight guidescope rings.  Has anybody ever mounted these to an SCT using the existing attachment points on the rear mirror cell?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.