Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Hi there! I’m looking forward towards purchasing a new wide FOV eyepiece from FLO (first light Optics ) and I do to know which one to pick!

i will be using it on my f/6 8” Skywatcher dob and hoping to get good views of the Orion’s nebula , (large nebulae in general) andromeda and others.

I ve heard the panaview 32mm is a good choice but I d like to know about the other options as well. I would like the budget to be around 100€

Clear skies, Kronos.

Edited by Kronos831
Typo

Kronos

Welcome from Land Down Under

I am out a couple of times per month with my club doing presentations in primary schools, Space Badge Joeys/Cubs scout movement

I use primarily 15mm or 17mm wideangle eyepieces when viewing Jupiter, Saturn, Mars

Also ideal for other DSO, such as Orion nebula, Jewel Box, 

Others on here will also offer you other options as well

John

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Simon Dunsmore
      Hi, 
      I'm looking for a Panaview wide angle eye piece. 32 or 38mm. Willing to pay up to £50 or would consider swapping Canon 1000d.
      Thanks 
      Simon 
    • By redhat
      Hello everyone,
      Bit of a backround: I've been a keen stargazer when in my teenage years, then couldn't pursuit my passion, but recently, in my forties, it hit me again, as I moved  and life is good (South facing large garden, obstructed only from the North by our house, but then I just move the scope further and viola!). Started with 90mm refractor, but was always thinking of reflector.
      Long story short, I've got my SkyWatcher Star Discovery 150P GOTO a week ago. Bought it second hand, very good condition, and good mirror. Have got two nights stargazing, cought cold and I AM LOVING IT.
      Now I would like to get me a nice wide angle ep for DSO spotting.
      The scope is 150mm / 750mm f5. I've done some reading obviously, and Explore Scientific 82 degree series have all good reviews and fit within my budget. I can afford only one, and apparently  the best for DSOs is the one that gives 2mm exit pupil. Now, for my scope that would be 10mm piece, and that is not within ES 82 degree range, so it's down to 11mm (2.2mm exit pupil) or 8.8mm (1.76mm exit pupil).
      My question is: which one would be better for my rediscovered passion? I'm gonna be using that ep for faint mostly.
      Thanks to  everyone in advance for any kind advise.

• By Piero
      I am considering this eyepiece for my refractors. It would be used with and without Baader barlow 2.25x.
      Has anybody tried this combo?
      In the past I tried the BCO 10mm, but I let it go.
    • By Kronos831
      Sooo after coming back from holidays(have been gone for a month and a half) i discovered that i had forgotten to use the lens caps to protect my Panaview 32mm from dust....
      turns out, its dirty.Me having no idea what a "multiple element lens eyepiece " meant , learnt the hard way. I unscrewed the bottom part of the eyepiece and 2 lenses and a tiny ring came out... not knowing in how to put them in, tried a bunch of different ways, and still the eyepiece view was still bad.(couldnt even focus on daylight objects) after messing with it for a bit 3-5 more lenses came out. Now my 100$ eyepiece is totally screwed up and i have No idea how to fix it. I m panicking so much and i have absolutely no idea what to do. I hope i ddnt screw the lens up...
        if anyone thinks they can help me, i m gonna make a system in which you can tell me how to put the lenses back
      So lets name the first group of parts depending on their place from left to right : A(The first lens ), B(the ring) and C( The Thrid lens) , now, these i have no idea how to place them correctly (have in mind that A Is curved , if it gives you any information)
      The next 4 pieces you see are D(The thick ring), E(The big lens) F (the other ring) and G(the final lens)
      Here is a picture of each piece from both up side and bottom side
      First will be up and second would be down
      If anyone could give me instructions to as how i can put everything back together , i would be greatful
      (Uploading pictures in a bit)
    • By Kronos831
      Hey guys! Its been 8 months since i ve started the hobby of astronomy.I would like to dig deeper now,i am looking for a book in astrophysics that involves mostly formulas and mathematics.With so many books in the market its hard to defferentiate science books from just books with information about the subject 
      Thanks!
      -Kronos

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.