Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mounting star adventurer on tripod?

Alll standard tripod heads are attached with either a 1/4 or 3/8 photo screw. If the tripod has a 1/4 screw you might need a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter to fit the mount.

You need a reasonably strong tripod though.

Edited by johninderby

I just bought the pro pack myself, and have managed to get first light with it :D

I can confirm that everything that you'll need is in the box.    You simply mount it on top of your existing tripod.    If you are able to remove the pan and tilt, exposing a 1/4 or 3/8 bolt, even better.   However, I didn't have that problem as I bought the 3/8 stainless tripod from FLO,  and that provides a rock solid based for the Star Adventurer.     I'd highly recommend that tripod, well worth the £100, for a non wobbly image, even though I had things loaded up quite a bit.  (DSLR with battery grip, ZWO Mini Guide Scope, Red Dot finder and WO SpaceCat51) 

A lot of tripods have the option of unscrewing the ball mount from the top, just leaving a larger screw (my Manfrotto did). The SA comes with a screw in adapter on the base for the smaller ball joint screw, this can be unscrewed to convert it to the larger size for direct mount on the tripod.