SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mercury transit revisited ...

Steve Ward

Afternoon all ,

After a couple of years of blank discs I've been looking forward to pointing the trusty Tal sunwards again for tomorrows transit , but fairly predictably the weather is going to thwart that plan .

So here's a reminder of what the lucky folk with blue skies will be witnessing whilst I'm toiling away under a grey blanket ... :rolleyes:

My footage of the transit of May 9th 2016.

Looking forward to catching up with the solar crowd up at Stoneleigh next week.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good to see you out of hibernation Steve, is this a one off or will you be sticking around ? granted there's not been much solar activity to see for a while.

I'll be at Stoneleigh on Saturday

Dave

Edited by Davey-T
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Good to see you out of hibernation Steve, is this a one off or will you be sticking around ? granted there's not been much solar activity to see for a while.

I'll be at Stoneleigh on Saturday

Dave

I'm always popping in for a look-see Dave , but with nothing to post ... lol

Look forward to putting another face to an SGL member over lunch ... :thumbsup:

Perhaps we should all wear sunflowers in our lapels for recognition purposes .... ?

Edited by Steve Ward
  • Like 1

I’m going to miss it as I’m taking my mum to an appointment. I put one of my binocular solar filters on my baby tak last time and was pleased to get this. My one & only image of the sun. :) 

E66B7850-0364-4F5F-A1A9-797EC03F6F6F.thumb.jpeg.c9d94f0453fb2af12d551ca3af765995.jpeg

Edited by Scooot
  • Like 2

Nice video Steve.

Don't do much solar but have a Bader solar filter for my WOGT81 and as it's white light anyhow, was thinking of using my ZWO1600MM-Cool + Luminance filter rather than DSLR. 

1. Will this work?
  2. How do I deal with focus - it's already focussed for deep sky, so I'm presuming that'll be OK?
  3. What sort of settings should be used re. exposure?
  4. Multiple exposures for stacking or just single? 
  5. Any other advice?

Thanks, Graham