Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Recommended Posts

I use a QHY5L-II guide camera, a polemaster, a qhy183c and a qhy183m and I've never had any problems with drivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asi2600mc pro is the same sensor. QHY do have good drivers in general but not always from day one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

I use a QHY5L-II guide camera, a polemaster, a qhy183c and a qhy183m and I've never had any problems with drivers. 

 

52 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Asi2600mc pro is the same sensor. QHY do have good drivers in general but not always from day one.

Thanks. This is the sort of information i was looking for. I'm leaning towards the Qhy version as they seem to have better cooling than the zwo offerings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

 

Thanks. This is the sort of information i was looking for. I'm leaning towards the Qhy version as they seem to have better cooling than the zwo offerings.

And that is the thing, you can issue updated drivers but you cant fix a camera that ices up constantly due to poor design. In my opinion the QHY168c is far better than the ASI071mc pro.

Edited by Adam J
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adam J said:

And that is the thing, you can issue updated drivers but you cant fix a camera that ices up constantly due to poor design. In my opinion the QHY168c is far better than the ASI071mc pro.

Agreed. Luckily my 071 pro has been very good apart from one night. Issue sorted by changing the dessicant tablets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.