Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Pixinsight 1.8.8


LongJohn54
 Share

Recommended Posts

Pixinsight has been updated to version 1.8.8 as of 08 November and has more changes and new features.

The biggie for me is that apart from Linux and Mac only Windows 10 is fully supported and earlier versions 'may work but there's no guarantee'.   Eeeek!   I wonder if my Win 8.1 will cope or will I have to make the change.

PixInsight 1.8.8 Released https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=14181.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LongJohn54 said:

. . . . . .   Eeeek!   I wonder if my Win 8.1 will cope or will I have to make the change.

For what it's worth, Windows 10, that was much maligned when it was first released, is probably now the most versatile and stable version of Windows they have ever produced. That's probably not what a lot of people want to hear but it really has evolved to being a very good OS - and I don't even work for Microsnot! 🤩

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DKNicholson said:

For what it's worth, Windows 10, that was much maligned when it was first released, is probably now the most versatile and stable version of Windows they have ever produced. That's probably not what a lot of people want to hear but it really has evolved to being a very good OS - and I don't even work for Microsnot! 🤩

Now if only they could get it to stop rearranging my desktop 😂

Dave

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Now if only they could get it to stop rearranging my desktop 😂

Dave

It's only trying to help, where's the love?

But, true, after each update it does seem to help its self to my computer and something doesn't work the way it used to! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Paul M said:

It's only trying to help, where's the love?

But, true, after each update it does seem to help its self to my computer and something doesn't work the way it used to! :)

Not sure what's happening there as I have 3 laptops and a desktop which I always keep up-to-date and have never had a problem. I do wonder if perhaps that is more something to do with Internet Security software than with Windows 10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Must do an update on this and try to get my head around it again.

Some of the future updates look good too, especially the replacement for DBE.  Will be interesting to see what that looks like and how it performs / behaves.  Also interested in the atsrometry tool too, just to see what it actually is.  Also, as it is currently unnamed, wonder if it will be known as Tooly McToolface 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2019 at 12:49, Davey-T said:

A few updates ago it stuffed my user folder so had to make a new one and it managed to lose the registration info of a couple of astro' apps so they reverted to demo mode.

Dave

It's done that twice to me recently 🤬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.